Most Popular NY Metro Area Job Postings
Some Job Postings get increased traffic (views, clicks and applies) simply because there are more people likely to be qualified and interested in a particular type of job. For example, there are far more people who are ready to be salespeople than brain surgeons.
There are also some things you can do to increase interest in your posting. Generally, a Job Posting with lots of detail about the position and the company will perform well. Provide a detailed description of the position. Include the hours, the benefits and the salary an applicant can expect.
These are the best performing Job Postings currently displayed on Big Apple Help Wanted.
work with PACE participants in the wellness center, asssisting recreation, lunch, toileting, transporting to the on site clinic. geeting them ready to go home at the end of the day.
toileting, food assist, recreation assist
CNA , experience with the elderly1
- Full Time
- New York, NY
ArchCare, the Continuing Care Community of the Archdiocese of New York, provides top-quality healthcare and other services to thousands of people each day through an ever-expanding array of home- and community-based and residential care programs. We offer:
- Long-term nursing home care and short-term rehabilitation
- Nursing home alternatives that keep seniors healthy, safe and independent
- Healthcare plans that coordinate members’ every healthcare need
- Home health services for infants, children and adults
- Family-centered hospice and end-of-life care
- Specialized programs for people with exceptional care needs, including Huntington’s Disease, HIV/AIDS and developmental disabilities
As one of the largest and most dynamic Catholic health systems in the nation, ArchCare caters not just to the physical health of those we serve, but to their emotional and spiritual well-being, too. Helping families understand their healthcare options and cope with the challenge of making sure their loved one is well cared for is just as important to us.
Join the ArchCare Team
Our team of dedicated Care Members are shaping the health care landscape of today and tomorrow.
- Assist the physical therapist by assembling/distributing equipment, carrying out specified treatment programs,
- Assist with complex treatment procedures.
- Record and report changes in residents' eating habits to supervisor.
- Promote quality services within company, state and federal regulations.
- Under direct supervision of rehabilitation therapy director, physical therapist, occupational therapist, COTA, speech therapist or physical therapy assistant Rehab Aide may observe residents carry out components of a rehabilitation therapy treatment plan that have been implemented by the therapist or therapist assistant
* Current NYS nursing assistant certification or similar perferred
* Current CPR and first aid certifications
* One year rehab nursing experience is a plus
ArchCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assists professional nursing personnel by performing routine functions of nursing care to residents. Gives prompt and efficient assistance to nursing personnel in performance of duties and care of residents under the supervisions of R.N., L.P.N., or Nursing Supervisor, following established policies and procedures. Treats residents information and confidential. Cooperates with other personnel.
- Assists in ambulation and transfers from and to bed, chair, toilet, stretcher.
- Transport residents via wheelchair, stretcher or ambulation to other parts of the home when necessary.
- Assists or feeds residents as indicated.
- Offers and removes bedpans and/or urinals.
- Keeps incontinent resident clean and dry.
- Gives bed baths, tub baths and provides skin care. Trims nails and assists with care of hair and oral hygiene. A.M. and P.M. care, washes and grooms residents.
- Assists residents to dress and undress.
- May prepare residents to receive Holy Communion.
- Sorts, folds and distributes personal clothing of the residents.
- Serves water and nourishment.
- Serves and collects trays.
- Answers lights or bells. Answers inquiries by residents or visitors.
- Takes part in bowel and bladder rehabilitation program of the resident.
- Collects specimens and measures intake and output and keeps records of same.
- Takes temperature, impulse and respiration. May give simple enemas, and may prepare ice packs or other resident care equipment when directed to do so by the Nurse in charge.
- Observes residents and notes physical condition, attitude, reactions, appetite and reports changes or unusual findings to the Charge Nurse responsible for reporting residents complaints to the Nurse or Supervisors.
- Before going off duty signs in the aide book kept at the nurses station.
- Attends scheduled in service classes as required by HOME and NYSAOH regulations.
- Takes care of the residents personal clothing.
- Changes linen and makes beds. Replaces towels and wash cloths.
- Cleans equipment (carbonized beds, stands, etc.) as directed by the nurse. Keeps the utility and service rooms, etc. in order.
- Cleans the tub and shower after resident's use. Oversees general neatness of the unit.
- When necessitated by accident and if a porter is not present, mops the floor when an accident has occurred. Keeps the lounge neat, clean and in order.
- Cares for the residents unit. (flowers, dresser, closet, bedside stand).
- Assists other employees where needed.
- Responsible and cooperative with supervisors, fellow employees, residents and families.
- Maintains friendly working atmosphere.
- Maintains professional attitude.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Provides assistance with resident care where applicable.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 year prior experience.
- Must possess New York state Certification as a Nurse's Aide.
To meet the emotional , spiritual and social needs of the residents through a vaiety of indivuail, group and bedside recreational programs.
Responsibilities• Welcomes , acquaints and orients new residents to the facility and visits all newly assigned residents on a daily basis.• Transports residents to and from activities within the facility.• Transports residents to programs and community affairs outside the Home by facility vehicle or by other appropriate transportation.• Interviews , evaluates and asses each newly assigned resident.• Design a program specific to each resident’s needs and physical condition.• Organizes residents into groups and distributes equipment , materials and supplies in accordance with assigned projects and carries equipment, supplies . etc to residents confined to bed.• Encourages residents voluntary participation in activities.• Provides guidance and assistance to volunteers.• Instruct residents in use of tools, crafts, art, equipment, and assist in activities where necessary to develop interest and maintain morale.• Implements with participation of resident, a carefully planned and consistently scheduled program.• Transports residents to and from activities within the facility.• Transports residents to programs and community affairs outside the Home by facility vehicle or by other appropriate transportation.• Initiates and maintains progress notes, MDS+ and CCP on each resident on assigned floors.• Report on goals and progress of resident at comprehensive care plan meetings.• May provide documentation of a review with the residents of their program participation and any changes as needed.• Equipment Maintenance : Maintains departmental facilities i neat and orderly fashion , including equipment and storage closets• Prepares for program by moving furniture , setting up tables, etc• Advises the supervisor concerning resources for procuring any special equipment and supplies considered necessary to meet program needs.• Interpersonal Relations : Assists other employees were needed.• Is responsible and cooperative with supervisors, fellow employees, residents and families.• Maintains friendly working atmosphere.• Maintains professional attitude.• Maintains professional appearance.• Provides assistance with resident care where applicable.• Promotes the organization 's and departments image , philosophy and policies.• Learns and follows organizational and departmental policies and procedures• Learns and follows assigned safety , security and fire procedures.• Reports any accidents and dangerous situations immediately.• Maintains confidentiality of organizational and residents information.• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education Requirements• BA/BS in Therapeutic Recreation or related field.
- Bronx, NY