Share with friends:
Sales Engineer II, Carrier Access - Spectrum Enterprise
At a glance:
- Are you a client-focused technical expert talented in supporting the sales of Layer 2 Ethernet services to wholesale carrier accounts?
- Can you commit to a technical position evaluating client networks and providing cost-effective business solutions?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
As an Enterprise Sales Engineer for Carrier Access, you focus on exceeding client satisfaction by providing innovative technology solutions for their complex business needs. You see the world through the eyes of Carrier Access Wholesale clients and understand their goals, needs and objectives. You excel at putting together cost-effective combinations of our Layer 2 Ethernet services, including Metro Ethernet (MAN/WAN), Carrier E-NNI’s, DIA, Waves and IP Transit. You are passionate about educating clients with presentations and proposals that motivate them to share in your enthusiasm for our products.
Using your expertise and understanding of each client’s current and future networking needs, you outline solutions to their immediate issues readying them for upsell and renewal opportunities. You possess a keen ability to overcome technical obstacles to ensure a smooth installation and integration process for clients. You thrive in an office position and feel comfortable traveling to support pre-sale activities for carrier access accounts nationwide. You report directly to Carrier Sales Engineering Management for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an Additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
What you will do:
- Be an empowering member of the Carrier Access sales team by providing technical expertise to support the achievement of monthly sales and revenue goals.
- Support a successful sales cycle by evaluating the status and performance needs of current client networks and make recommendations for improvement.
- Consult with prospective clients and grow key relationships within national accounts by developing standard and non-standard solutions that address client requirements.
- Develop unique product offerings through collaboration with Network Engineering, Operations, Product and IT teams and serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for data services providing proof of concept and solutions.
- Entice clients by creating technical and product presentations, network designs, and formal proposal responses for key decision-makers and provide regular communications.
- Drive the sales process by drafting strategic responses to requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Meet compliance with state, federal and company policies and procedures for all projects.
- Continuously improve product offerings by researching industry knowledge and emerging technology trends.
- Develop key sales skills by attending sales meetings and participating in training sessions.
- Perform additional duties related to this position as assigned.
Required keys for success:
- Five or more years of telecommunication networking or systems integrator experience
- Proven experience selling to Tier 1 and Tier 2 providers
- Strong knowledge of Data Layer 2 Networking communications, IP security strategies, Converging technologies and Broadband
- Experience with IP-VPN, DWDM, MPLS/VPLS, Metro Ethernet, DIA, optical/wave solutions, IP Transit, LAN/WAN integration and SDN/NFV concepts
- Familiarity with complex Layer 2 Ethernet Networks including MEF standard E-Access, E-LINE and E-LAN, MPLS, Dedicated Internet Access, IP Transit and optical solutions
- Skilled at networking across departments and working effectively with boundary partners
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage change within a team environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Valid driver’s license, a safe driving record and availability to travel
- Fluent in written and spoken English
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Five or more years of field experience in pre-sales in telecommunications or cable industry
- Knowledge of Cisco, Juniper and Adva network equipment
- Positive attitude and confidence when presenting technical information to high-level clients
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Coachable with a proven ability to work independently
- Familiar with Spectrum Enterprise product suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience (required)
- Cisco, Juniper, ALU certifications (preferred)
- MEF-CEP (preferred)