JOIN OUR TEAM! GREAT BENEFITS!
PROJECT MANAGER (MANUFACTURING)
Gordon, Inc., located in Bossier City, LA, is recognized as a leader in the engineering and manufacturing of custom architectural specialty products. For over 50 years, our products have been used to help create commercial, industrial and institutional buildings worldwide. Gordon specializes in sustainable architectural metal products for interior and exterior applications. Product applications include specialty metal ceilings and wall systems, drywall and plaster trims, column enclosures, and many other architectural specialty products. Systems are designed for commercial, acoustical, educational, cleanroom, data center, healthcare, correctional, industrial, and institutional environments. Gordon, Inc. is an award-winning manufacturer and is widely known throughout the industry as the leader in custom architectural specialties. For more information, please visit our website at www.gordon-inc.com.
Specific Areas of Responsibility include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for project planning and anticipating in-process timelines which are designed to meet internal and customer timetables - Accomplish project plans on time, within budget, while meeting all specified quality standards.
- Reviews Architectural Drawings, Specifications, and Contract Documents to determine project scope.
- Estimates materials requirements from take-offs, labor requirements, and creates project cost estimates which are used in the generation of bid pricing.
- Responsible for continuously monitoring project progress with respect to the status of the plan and the budget and providing a weekly status report to Senior Management.
- Provides reporting of planned and un-planned deviations from the original project plan that are brought about by either the customer or due to internal changes in the project schedule.
- Identifies issues which suggest the need for additional resources other than those initially planned for a specific project relative to manning, materials, methods, or production machines scheduling and shop floor allocation of capacity.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with respect to the various project participants (Architects, Contractors, Fabricators), as well as with company internal Sales, Engineering, Planning, and Operational leadership.
- Works directly with company team members and team leaders to establish estimates for manning requirements that will be incorporated into project cost estimates which are used to develop pricing for quotations.
- Creates and continually updates Gantt charts, Excel spreadsheets or other appropriate tools to monitor and manage project timelines and all elements of project cost.
- Responsible for bringing the project to a successful close, which may include creating an end-of-project report or evaluation document, holding project completion meetings and activities, and capturing relevant learning experiences that can be applied to future projects to accomplish future process and/or procedural improvements..
- Generates multiple types of documents, as required, including specifications, contracts, schedules, project reports, communication (email) records, design and vendor specifications, meeting agendas, meeting minutes and status reports.
Gordon, Inc. is an employee owned company. As an employee of Gordon, Inc., you will be allowed to share in the value and growth of the company and accumulate ownership in the stock of the company, at no cost to you. Gordon, Inc. also offers Health, Dental, Voluntary Term Life insurance and Disability benefits as well as a comprehensive 401k Retirement Plan and paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
GORDON, INC. IS A DRUG FREE ENVIRONMENT. ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE DRUG SCREENED.