Your career. We’ll help you turn goals into achievements.
Engineer 3, Security (IAM)
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands — which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers’ expectations.
As an Engineer 3, Security you will contribute to the delivery of EHI’s Identity and Access Management refresh to ensure secure productivity for our employees and protection to the most critical and sensitive data and systems within our environment. In this role you will engineer and support Identity and Access related technologies, lead discussions across all lines of EHI business, and ensure Identity, Access, Data Protection and Information Security considerations are addressed via effective working relationships with key business leaders to appropriately balance the risks. This critical role engineers the overall security strategy for new EHI business initiatives, while considering technology/industry risk trends and EHI’s current technology deployments. You may also provide mentor-ship and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments. You will consult on solutions to address complex and unique business requirements related to Data Protection and Information Security.
As an Engineer 3 you will design, develop and modify many different elements of technology. You will be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy. As an Engineer 3, we will be looking to your expertise in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department. You will lead implementations and configurations and provide viable recommendations for implementing new solutions. You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensuring deadlines are met. Daily activities will include collaborating with multiple levels of Engineers and Architects to ensure overall quality and successful integration.
- Use knowledge and skills within own technical area of responsibility to develop solutions and enable capabilities; ensure technical components are secure and identified potential security issues in others work
- Identify Risks & Requirements in a given project/solution; and continue to do so iteratively and in partnership with solution owners throughout the project lifecycle
- Identify strategies that address current and future business need
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field is required
- 5+ years of combined security experience in two or more of the following areas: Windows OS, App Dev, Infrastructure, Systems or Networking
- 5+ years managing information security threats in large-scale enterprises
- Experience in IT Security Technical reviews
- Experience in designing security architecture / discussions
- Experience in assisting with IT Security Policy Interpretation
- Experience providing security consultation on projects
- Experience with implementing new technologies within a SOC (Security Operations Center)
- Lead lifecycle management efforts for owned platforms/technologies
- Extensive knowledge of industry requirements such as NIST and PCI
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Understanding and experience working with several of the technologies listed below is preferred:
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure principals (Citrix, VMWare, Microsoft)
- OS Windows, *NIX
- Database, Oracle, MSSQL, OpenSource
- Mac OS x, iOS, Android
- IAM services and solutions including: LDAP, SAML, Active Directory, Ping, RSA, Duo, IDaaS, AWS IAM, OAuth, Microsoft Azure, CyberArk, Centrify
- Office 365
- Exchange Online
- Experience leading / guiding others through transformational changes
- Stay up to date on industry trends, products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities in end user computing / digital workspace / modern desktop
- Security principals
- Networking principals
- Cloud security
- CISSP or CEH certifications are a plus
- Awareness of the OWASP top ten(10) application security risks is preferred
- Awareness of GDPR, CCPA, and PCI is preferred