Innovative - Adventurous - Genuine - Focused - Let's Go!
Sr. Payroll Specialist
Prepare, review and process payroll and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. Responsible for payroll-related filings, including Federal, State and local taxes, FUTA and SUTA taxes and W2 processing. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required and maintain the payroll system controls to ensure regulatory and policy compliance.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and processing of a bi-weekly, multi-state payroll schedule and occasional off-cycle and bonus payrolls. Process personnel actions, salary changes and tax withholding and 401(k) deferral changes.
- Ensure accuracy of approved timesheets in UltiPro Time Management.
- Reconcile all tax and unemployment liability accounts to the general ledger and investigate variances.
- Prepare quarterly payroll tax reporting and research and resolve payroll/tax reporting issues. Maintain advanced understanding of payroll operations.
- Manage the garnishment process including providing data for agencies as needed. Track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions and ensure timely distribution of garnishment checks.
- Review and resolve payroll discrepancies and/or employee questions timely and accurately; take appropriate actions to mitigate future issues from arising.
- Maintain complete and accurate record of payroll information in support of internal reports and payroll preparation. Effectively perform various audits to support the overall payroll function.
- Develop and maintain standard and custom reports and queries. Maintain data integrity in system.
- Perform year-end responsibilities, including W2 preparation and verification,
- Research ways to improve processes and minimize expenses through application of laws and/or regulations.
- Work directly with external auditors as needed to provide any payroll related information as it relates to completion of audit procedures.
- Document internal control processes and implement best practices as it relates to the payroll function and all responsibilities of the position.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with other departments to handle any escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study preferred.
- PHR/SPHR or CPP or preferred.
- Three to five years Payroll experience required.
- Experience with UltiPro or comparable HRIS system preferred.
- Able to independently use MS Office products and other technology packages including advanced capability in Excel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.