Share with friends:
JOB PURPOSE: The unit managerperforms routine duties independently, setting priorities and scheduling work in accordance with policies and procedures. The unit manager exercises considerable judgment in applying professional knowledge, policy and practices to solve nursing issues and is reviewed by the supervisor through conferences, reports and observation of results obtained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides guidance and direction to ancillary staff in both clinical and personnel issues.
* Assist staff in assessing patient/resident status related to medical issues, social, psychological, and spiritual issues.
* Provides support and guidance to residents and families on clinical issues and challenges. Assists in resolution of concerns and grievances voiced by either party.
* Ensures that sufficient staff is available to meet the regulatory requirements and clinical needs of the patients / residents of the facility.
* Review perspective admissions if required for determination of needs.
* Conducts tours for perspective admissions and families.
* Ensures that staff abides by the principles and techniques of Infection Control and Safety by providing an environment that is clean, safe, and comfortable for the residents.
* Ensures that all staff complies with policies and procedures, rules and regulations as written / disciplines staff as needed per policy. In-services staff as needed related to clinical tasks, education and safety.
* Assists in establishing public relations.
* Evaluates emergency or disaster situations and offers assistance as needed.
* Performs audits as assigned by DON / ADON.
* Investigates accidents and incidents related to patients/residents, staff or visitors and provides first aid and follow up as indicated.
* Investigates abuse allegations and reports such immediately to the DON / ADON / Administrator for follow-up.
* Shares "on-call" responsibilities with other supervisory staff.
* Develops a supervisory report to the DON/ADON regarding pertinent issues.
* Performs the duties of a charge nurse if required.
* Promotes safety awareness. Maintains a safe environment for residents, staff and visitors.
* Performs daily rounds of all patients/residents on the unit assigned
* Reviews the clinical record of each patient/resident to ensure it is accurate and complete
* Performs assessments on patients/residents assigned to the unit on a quarterly basis ( includes Skin, Falls, Sr , B&B , Elopement , etc )
* Reviews Care Plans on all patients/residents to amend / delete items as required. Attends Care Planning meetings with other disciplines.
* Oversight of all care provided on the unit / ensures all rules and regulations are in compliance
* Provides guidance and support to staff
* Committed to working with residents and families to develop and implement strategies that promote person-centered care.
* Applies "5 Star" customer service approach in all aspects of job.
* Actively supports Wingate's commitment to providing "5 Star" service on all quality objectives, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
* Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
* Reports to the appropriate managers any known or suspected violations of policy and procedures, regulations or standards of conduct.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
* Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing / BSN preferable but not required
* Must have current registration in the State they are practicing.
* At least 3 years experience in a "charge nurse" / supervisory capacity preferably in LTC.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and clinical skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals.
* Ability to coordinate emergency situations and delegate appropriately in a calm manner.
* Able to handle multiple responsibilities and priorities.
* Ability to manage and supervise staff, working directly with them when required.
* Ability to make independent decisions related to clinical / staff concerns.
SUPERIVISON OF OTHERS: Provides guidance and direction to ancillary staff in both clinical and personnel issues.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled