Full Time DOT Shuttle Bus Driver
The primary responsibility of this position is to safely operate an Enterprise shuttle bus between the airport and the rental facility, transporting customers picking up and returning vehicles in a courteous and helpful manner.
This position is subject to DOT requirements including a pre-employment medical exam.
The Full Time Shuttle Bus Driver position requires 40hrs/week and will be based out of our National/Almamo rental branch, located at 60 Schoephoester Rd, Windsor Locks, CT 06096
- Deliver customers and vehicles to appropriate destination in a safe and courteous manner
- Greet each customer personally in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Operate the courtesy shuttle in accordance with all laws and regulations while following company policy to ensure a safe and pleasant operating environment
- Assist customer(s) load and unload luggage, enter and exit vehicle and miscellaneous customer needs
- Notify Manager of any customer or vehicle problems including daily maintenance, including but not limited to ensuring proper oil, tire and fluid levels
- Provide appropriate local information, distribute maps and handouts as required
- Communicate with office and other drivers via 2-way radio or cellular phone
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a valid drivers license
- If a CT resident, must have a "f" endorsement
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- No more than 1 moving violation and/or at-fault accident on driving record in the past 3 years. No drug or alcohol related incident on your driving record in the past 5 years.
- Previous driving experience in a similar vehicle (large shuttle van or bus) required
- Must have previous customer service experience.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to assist customers.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment DOT physical exam to obtain a Medical Card as required by the USDOT.
- Must be able to work at Bradley International Airport location and be willing to work for $13 per hour.
- Apart from religious observances, must be able to work the following schedule:
- Sunday through Thursday: 4:00am-12:30pm