- Full Time
- KXLY Broadcast Group, Spokane, WA 99201
Radio Traffic Assistant
Radio Traffic Assistant | KXLY Radio Group | Spokane, WA
The KXLY Radio Group is part of the KXLY Broadcast Group, a Morgan Murphy Media company. We are a family-owned, people first business located in Spokane, Washington, and our community is at the core of what we do and who we are.
About this opportunity:
The KXLY Radio Group includes well-known radio brands like 92.9 KZZU, The Big 99.9 Coyote Country, Rock 94 ½, Hot 96.9, KXLY AM 920/100.7 and 700 ESPN. In this role, you will play an integral part maintaining accurate and timely production of the daily commercial logs while managing inventory to maximize revenue for all business units. If you are a highly organized, detail-oriented, and customer service focused, then we are looking for you!
What you’ll do:
- Produce broadcast logs each day, each with varied parameters and complexities
- Process orders - watching for correct priority codes and inventory codes
- Work with sales to provide information for sports packages
- Schedule network commercials within a variety of short and long form syndicated radio programming including talk programs, sports and music programming
- Place individual advertiser’s commercials within breaks of a program to ensure optimal rotation across hours and days of the week and to avoid product conflict with other competitive advertisers within the same commercial break
- Proof commercial logs for accuracy
- Implement multiple daily revisions for changes in commercial inventory and commercial copy
- Communicate to other departments if unable to schedule commercials as requested
- Training as a back-up on all Traffic Operations procedures
- Manage and process all incoming traffic instructions and revisions for National and Regional advertisers
- Available to work overtime if needed
What you’ll bring:
- High School Education or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Computer literacy in applicable programs including: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Maintain positive communication with members of all departments, customers, listeners, and outside vendors
- Previous broadcast traffic, billing, or accounting experience preferred, including WideOrbit experience
What KXLY Radio Group offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- We offer thorough training to ensure your success
- We are committed to maintaining a culture where employees can flourish and grow, professionally and personally
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits
- Our robust benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, and 401(k)
- Time off Work/life balance is important to us. We offer vacation days, sick days, personal days and 9 paid holidays.
What’s next?Please visit our website to fill out an application Current Openings (morganmurphymedia.com)
Disclaimer: As a condition of employment, Morgan Murphy Media requires that newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to the extent permitted by applicable law and subject to any medical or religious accommodations.
KXLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER