- Full Time
- KXLY Broadcast Group, Spokane, WA 99201
News Streaming Anchor/Producer| 4 News Now | Spokane, WA
4 News Now, a Morgan Murphy Media company and the ABC affiliate in Spokane, Washington, is a family-owned, people-first newsroom. The community is at the core of what we do and who we are and we believe it is our duty to inform, but also to inspire.
About this opportunity:
4 News Now is looking for a storyteller to join our digital team in an exciting new position to meet the need of today’s audiences. We’re looking for someone who understands both the on-air and digital spaces, and who can chart a new course in the streaming world. This person will thrive on deadline, understand the importance of breaking news, curate and create new digital content, and will build a relationship with our digital audience.
We’re looking for a journalist who can direct their own workflow, but thrives in a team environment. You’ll work with digital and TV journalists to expand our reach and help us move our content into previously unexplored places. Do all of this in a growing, thriving city surrounded by pine trees, lakes and mountains. We’re a newsroom that thrives on growth and teamwork. You’ll work for a family-owned company that values your personal development – and you won’t be stuck in traffic on your way to work. Help us take the next step forward in digital journalism, with skills that will translate to any market or position in the future.
What you’ll do:
- Lead our streaming coverage efforts. That includes the following:
- Anchor streaming coverage of livestream events
- Anchor streaming coverage of breaking news
- Identify content that would be relevant to our audiences and execute coverage from beginning to the end of a story.
- Create relevant content for our streaming platforms that both engage and attract audiences in our market
- Produce and anchor news segments specifically for our streaming platforms.
- Create new workflows for streaming platforms that embrace new strategies and ideas.
- Work closely with our Digital Content Manager to innovate and execute new strategies for our streaming platforms
- Assist in training other members of the team in streaming content and strategies
- Experiment with new technologies and tools to refine workflows and processes.
- Contribute content to our digital and on-air platforms, including cross-promoting streaming content
- Be a problem-solver when it comes to technical issues, production and programming.
- Engage with a number of analytics and audience tools to help us listen to and understand our audience.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in broadcast journalism, preferably in on-air or producing roles
- Strong understanding of the digital space, including streaming platforms.
- Strong experience writing for print using AP style.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Experience producing video and audio for the web using desktop video software
- Familiarity with word processing software, and image editing software such as Photoshop and Canva.
- Strong command of journalism ethics and the tenets of professional journalism
- An open mind, attention to detail and a passion for getting the facts right
- BA/BS in journalism or related field with online publishing or communications experience preferred
What 4 News Now offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- We offer thorough training to ensure your success
- We are committed to maintaining a culture where employees can flourish and grow, professionally and personally
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits
- Our robust benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, and 401(k)
- Time off work/life balance is important to us. We provide vacation days, sick days, personal days and 9 paid holidays
What’s next? Please visit our website to fill out an application Current Openings (morganmurphymedia.com)
Disclaimer: As a condition of employment, Morgan Murphy Media requires that newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to the extent permitted by applicable law and subject to any medical or religious accommodations.
4 NEWS NOW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER