- Full Time
- 15.00+ service charge Year
- 181 Clubhouse Fork, Big Sky, MT 59716
Spend the summer outside! Great pay and great work environment!
Outdoor Activities Attendant
The Outdoor Activities Guide (activities attendant) assists with the daily operations of the Recreation/Activities Department including but not limited to equipment rentals, Fish Camp, Club Activities, Mountain Activities and program planning. Duties include assisting the Activities Supervisor with programming, reservations, facility maintenance, and instruction.
High Diploma or equivalent. Valid Driver’s License and clear driving record Current Pedriatic First Aid/AED/CPR certification from an accredited institution. One year recreation and/or customer service experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Fluency in English.
- Highly organized and flexible.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and relate to people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Self-starter; able to carry out diverse duties with minimal supervision.
- Enjoys thinking of new ideas; is creative and resourceful.
- Ability to create activities for all ages.
- Knowledge of hotel, resort and/or club operations.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments.
- Ability to promote a positive image and display a pleasant and upbeat personality during all guest interactions.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekend, evenings, and holidays.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to communicate clearly, maturely and compassionately with families in writing and in person.
- Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of fishing, hiking, mountain biking, archery and trail running.
- Knowledge of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, Custer & Gallatin National Forest, Beaverhead National Forest (natural history of the area, local flora and fauna) preferred.
- Strong guest service background. Ability to provide a high level of service and instruction for our guests and members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitation of activities and events including but not limited to, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, archery, wildlife exploration, etc
- Assist members and guests with all equipment rental needs.
- Assist with all rental equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Provide the members and guests with appropriate property information, nature trails, and biking trails on and off property.
- Complete opening and closing procedures for the Recreation/Activities Department.
- Maintain and organize facility needs.
- Complete daily departmental procedures.
- Relay accurate information to members and guests.
- Effectively and efficiently handle members and guests complaints.
- Assist with special events, holiday activities, and year-round activities for members and guests.
- Properly handle any activity reservations for members and guests.
- Work with the Member Service Department to assure accurate transfer of information.
- Assist with inventories and reconciliation.
- Work with necessary departments to ensure the proper marketing and promotion of the programs and activities.
- Connect members to the correct activities that fit their areas of interest.
- Respond to member inquiries regarding programs, services, policies and procedures in a professional and timely manner.
- Set the standard by providing exceptional guest service and meeting the members’ needs and expectations.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with members in a friendly and professional manner.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide support to other departments during special events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Programs & Activities Manager and other members of the Senior Management Team as deemed appropriate.
While performing the duties of the job, the Outdoor Activities Guide is required to bike, hike, run, or walk for up to 6 hours a day. The associate must regularly lift and or move up to 30 pounds and sometimes lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. In addition, this individual will need to participate and supervise physical and active sports and games with children and adults. Most activities will require working outdoors in inclement weather. This is a highly active position.