Bridgercare is hiring a Medical Assistant!
Bridgercare is hiring a Medical Assistant!
Are you a certified Medical Assistant looking to work in a forward-thinking, positive environment? Bridgercare is seeking a certified professional to support quality reproductive and primary health services including family planning, breast & cervical cancer screening, Teen Clinic, colposcopy, and LGBTQ services. The position 4 days per week.
The Medical Assistant (MA) provides patient support functions in the front office as well as in clinical roles to support Bridgercare’s mission and clinical services according to Title X guidelines. The MA is under the direct supervision of the Medical Director.
- Perform clinical support tasks including rooming patients, assessing vital signs, preliminary health history, performing HIV and pregnancy lab tests, providing results and basic reproductive, birth control and STI patient information. Accurately prepare lab specimens for transport to lab and order and receive labs per the electronic interface.
- Assist Providers and patients in contraceptive and reproductive clinical procedures.
- Provide patient education as needed, under supervision of our Medical Director
- Participate in staff meetings and training as scheduled.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, proficiency in computers required.
- Coordinate and work cooperatively with fellow staff as well as independently.
- Comfortably, respectfully discuss sensitive issues with clients, including patient care circumstances for purposes of scheduling and triage.
- Learn and assist in clinical support procedures including blood pressure, pregnancy tests, urine specimen collection, rapid lab testing, correct preparation of lab specimens for transport.
- Blood draw and injection as needed, under the supervision of our Medical Director
- Other clinical support tasks as assigned by Administration.
Skills & Attitudes
- Works effectively and sensitively with a diverse and limited resource population.
- Works in a team and shares responsibilities and duties.
- Sets priorities, is organized and a self-starter.
- Communicates clearly, orally and in writing, and effectively navigates technology.
- Treats staff, patients and community members respectfully.
- Contributes to a positive, functional workplace culture.
- High School graduate
- Preferred expertise and recent experience healthcare.
- Medical Assistant certification (RMA or CMA in Montana)
- Commitment to family planning philosophy and goals, including: confidentiality, provision of service to women, men, and teens regardless of ability to pay, and comprehensive options counseling for unintended pregnancy and referral per Title X guidelines.
Please include the following information when applying:
- Short, three paragraph introduction in the body of the email or cover letter highlighting your interest in and preparation for this position. Clear, concise writing is essential for the position. Your email or cover letter will be the first sample of your ability to follow directions, your attention to detail and your personal introduction.
- Resume (attach)
- References (attach or provide if called for an interview)
- Email cover letter/cover email, resume and references to Stephanie McDowell at smcdowell(at)bridgercare.org or drop off at Bridgercare, 1288 North 14th Ave, Suite 201, Bozeman, MT.
You can find this full description at www.bridgercare.org/apply.
Established in 1972, Bridgercare provides excellent, affordable reproductive and sexual healthcare and education in a safe, supportive, empowering atmosphere. Bridgercare provides reproductive health services that include reversible contraceptive methods, breast, cervical and testicular cancer screening, annual physicals for men and women, unbiased pregnancy testing and counselling, mental health screening and treatment, sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening and treatment, HIV testing, vaccination, colposcopy (cervical biopsy), LGBT-specific services, transgender hormone care, and other patient education and referrals. Bridgercare has an education program that includes Teen Peer Education groups offering educational workshops in schools, service agencies, adult education programs and family education programs. Education materials and curriculum are evidence-based, medically accurate, culturally competent and age-appropriate.Bridgercare also has a limited pharmacy license to better provide sliding fee prescriptions to low-income patients and continues to offer free counselling and enrollment services for the Affordable Care Act’s Marketplace and Montana’s Medicaid HELP Plan. Bridgercare’s programs and services focus on decreasing unplanned pregnancy and STIs while broadening the future prospects of men, women, and children. In doing so, Bridgercare continues to expand services to meet patient needs. More info at www.bridgercare.org.