Join our team!
We offer a casual, exciting work atmosphere, and flexible hours. Benefits include insurance, training opportunities, and personal time for community service. PhycoTech, Inc. is an established environmental consulting firm specializing in aquatic analyses and dedicated to raising the standards in our industry. PhycoTech is an equal opportunity workplace.
General Description: The Office Manager’s primary responsibility is to act as an administrative assistant for the President and operate the office, including bookkeeping and product management. The person applying for this position must possess above average organizational skills, be comprehensive, self- sufficient, flexible, able to pay great attention to detail, and be a "team player".
JOB DUTIES COULD INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO), THESE TASKS:
· Working directly with the president to ensure tasks assigned are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
· Working directly with the laboratory manager to assure smooth work flow.
· Bookkeeping Duties
o Accounts Receivable and Payable
o Providing weekly financial reports/budgeting
o Re-evaluating costs and searching best value for business
· Human Resources
· State Certifications
· Searching Bid Solicitations
· Preparing Bid documents
· Ordering Office Supplies
· Process and ship product orders
· Help maintain and produce PhycoTech Image Collection on a yearly/bi-yearly basis (Photoshop CC)
· Medium to heavy Computer Work
o Windows and Microsoft Office Products proficiency required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher)
o Quickbooks required
o File/server management
o Data entry and sample proofing (must pay great attention to detail)
o Web research
· Organization of the Laboratory and Office/Storage Areas
o Running Business Errands (valid driver’s license required)
o Breaking down boxes/recycling
o Organization of storage shelves (samples, books, etc.)
o Keeping the rooms clear of debris (taking out trash, sweeping, etc.)
· Any and all miscellaneous related functions as deemed necessary
· Under the direct supervision of the President, the office manager must openly support PhycoTech’s mission and perform to the best of their ability in order to ensure the success of PhycoTech, Inc. and its employees. The Office Manager must also completely follow any, and all, laboratory and safety procedures in accordance with written and verbal protocols, in order to ensure the safety of all PhycoTech employees and customers.
PhycoTech reserves the right to perform background checks on perspective and existing employees, as well as conduct random drug tests.