Baxter Cycle is seeking a full-time motocycle technician
Motorcycle Service Technician
Baxter Cycle is Hiring!
At Baxter Cycle our goal is to be the nation's leading Triumph and Royal Enfield dealer. Delivering a consistently high quality customer experience takes outstanding people with great attitudes, strong product knowledge, and above all, the drive to make the customers' experience the best they've ever had.
Baxter Cycle, in Marne, IA, has been in business since 1977, and has been a Triumph and Royal Enfield motorcycle dealer since 1995. We sell and service all makes of vintage British motorcycles, as well, including AJS, Ariel, BSA, Matchless, Norton, Velocette, and Vincent. Our passion for British motorcycles runs deep, and we're looking for someone who shares this same passion!
- Dynamic and varied work environment
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan
- Employee discounts on machines and accessories
- Factory-sponsored training opportunities
- Valid driver’s license with motorcycle endorsement
- Familiarity with motorcycle fuel systems (including carburetion and fuel injection)
- Familiarity with motorcycle electrical systems
- Good diagnostic skills
- Good time management skills
- Perform routine maintenance tasks such as changing oil and mounting tires
- Diagnose and repair faults on motorcycles
- Uncrate and build new motorcycles for showroom display and customer delivery
- Install accessories on new and used motorcycles
Mechanic/Technician Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Self-motivated with good time management skills
- Excellent people skills with a willingness to earn a customer's repeat business
- An ability to keep a tidy and organized work space
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS
In order to encourage new technicians entering the field, we are offering a $1000 Sign On Bonus to any qualified technician who demonstrates the above qualifications and skills, and who can complete one full year of employment. Bonus to be paid out on the anniversary of the employment date.