JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN ($15,000 Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Bonus)
Work Hours: Year Round Monday-Friday 3:30pm - 12:00am (11B)
- Hourly wages of $40.12+/hr; Up to $49.12+/hr with shift differential
- $15,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Relocation Bonus of up to $16,000
- Generous Benefit Package
Journeyman Lineman Position Summary: Located in North Fort Myers, Florida. Perform construction and maintenance duties of overhead and underground facilities for electrical distribution and transmission.
Journeyman Lineman Position Responsibilities:
- Construction/maintenance of transmission/distribution facilities in cost effective manner
- Ensure facilities remain reliable and efficient
- Assist in emergency repair and power restoration after outages
- Respond reliably and timely to calls during regular work hours and off regular work hours
- Account for all construction materials (issues, returns, salvage, etc.) properly
- Perform duties safely and in accordance with LCEC accident prevention rules
- Comply with applicable codes and standards
- Must live within 45 minute commute from regular work site
- Maintain effective working relationships with employees/customers at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
Journeyman Lineman Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proof of completion of a certified line worker apprentice program and/or four (4) years of experience working as a journeyman line worker
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL) Class A
- Able to meet physical demands of duties
Journeyman Lineman Desired Qualifications:
- Familiarity with personal computer and Email
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Physical Demands: This position requires typical physical demands found in the construction industry, which includes but is not limited to heavy lifting, working on ladders, vehicle/equipment operation, electrical hand tool operation, digging, outside and inside work. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs. frequently and 100lbs. occasionally; climb in/out of a bucket truck; squeeze tools to 80lbs of force; climb poles; drive large vehicles & heavy equipment; work from the basket of a bucket truck while wearing PPE; work at night and for extended hours.
Work Environment: Mostly outside in inclimate weather (extreme heat, thunder storms, & occasional cool temperatures).
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a background check and a drug screening.