- Full Time
- NAS, Kittery, ME 03904
JOIN A DYNAMIC COMPANY WITH GREAT BENEFITS AND COMPETITIVE PAY!!
Chef - Sushi
Now hiring Sushi Chefs!! We are accepting applications and currently setting up interviews!!
Established in 1998, Hissho Sushi specializes in making and selling fresh sushi and assorted Asian cuisines throughout the United States. As American interest in ethnic foods has increased, so have we. We are growing rapidly, doubling our size in just three years! Hissho’s diverse team of employees is driven by a set of core values that starts with our CEO and permeates through every department and level within the organization.
The position is located on the NAS in Kittery, ME.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sushi, and other food items according to company specifications.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Prepare sushi related products based on product type and recipes
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Applies proper cutting techniques, piece count, packaging, and labeling standards
- Properly display and arrange visual presentation of products in sushi trays and cases
- Assist in store opening, maintaining product, and/or closing of sushi bar operations
- Ensures all required logbooks, including rice pH log and temperature logs are verified
- Actively displays knowledge of all sushi menu items
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, wok range, char-broiler, deep fryer, and refrigeration equipment.
- Maintain and order appropriate levels of produce and inventory to meet production demand if/when requested by management
- Understand local sanitation, health codes, and weight/measurement requirements
- Keep work area clean, orderly, and free from safety hazards; report any faulty equipment and hazards to management.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and professional demeanor
- Other related duties as assigned
• Experienced chef or sushi chef highly preferred but willing to train the right person
• One-year prior food handling experience (kitchen preparation and/or cooking)
• ServSafe certified and knowledge of food safety standards preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Team Player and strong work ethic
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., including the ability to reach, bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time
• Ability to effectively communicate in English