- Full Time
- 1400 E. Angela Boulevard, South Bend, IN 46617
Full-Time Research Scientist/Assistant
Laboratory Research Scientist/Assistant
Hsiri Therapeutics, Inc. at the University of Notre Dame is recruiting for a laboratory Research Scientist/Assistant. We focus on discovering and developing therapies for infections due to drug resistant bacteria. Detailed information about the team’s research can be found at https://www.hsiritherapeutics.com/
The Laboratory Research Assistant is responsible for performing animal and in vitro research activities in a laboratory setting at the direction of Hsiri Therapeutics' Director of Microbiology.
· Animal work: various infection models, drug-treatment, surgical procedures, and colony maintenance,
· In vitro assay: Drug sensitivity assays, Molecular Biology assays, cell culture works, cell cultures, and others,
· Prepare materials for research studies, including sample collection kits and research documents
· Administer day-to-day laboratory operations including ensuring quality control and safety compliance, suggesting procedures, and ordering of required components and reporting/resolving technical issues.
· Perform routine laboratory maintenance and research activities such as: general housekeeping, preparing solutions, media, and buffers, cell cultures, electrophoresis, blotting, mouse colonies management, genotyping, ordering, record keeping, and inventory update etc.
· Computational skills: GraphPad Prism experience is desirable
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor or Master’s degree is required.
Preferred Education: (preferred) Bachelor or Master’s degree in biology, physiology, biochemistry, immunology, neuroscience, or medicine or in any field related to animal science.
Preferred Experience: Experience with mouse models, drug-development, and/or molecular biology experience is considered a strength.
Other: Consideration may be given for a unique combination of education and experience.
May require training related to occupational safety and health, environmental compliance, shipping of hazardous materials.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience.