TM Montante Development
- Full Time
Share with friends:
Come Join an amazing team! Great benefits South Bend Indiana!
Building Maintenance Engineer - South Bend
- Ensure a thorough understanding of properties assigned. Review building operations, preventative maintenance schedules, energy management systems and equipment status.
- Manage work and provide work order status updates through computerized work order system. Collaborate with the Property Manager to resolve problems delaying completion of work orders.
- Perform scheduled maintenance inspections, and adjust, clean and calibrate various mechanical and electrical systems to assure proper system operations.
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems to determine the cause of the malfunction, contact and oversee vendor for repairs if needed and outside of skill set.
- Manage and maintain building control systems. Make sure systems are upgraded and schedules are in line for energy management.
- Maintains, repairs and or knowledge of cooling towers, pumps, condensers, chillers and other associated cooling equipment.
- Provides supervision to maintenance technician for work orders and duties as assigned.
- Maintain properties professional appearance in all areas including interior and exterior spaces, engineering spaces, equipment rooms and common areas.
- Inspect buildings for adequate heating, lighting and ventilation, and that properties are properly cleaned, in good order and in good working condition.
- Complete general maintenance and minor repair work including but not limited to: doors, windows, toilet seats, toilet flushes, tap washers and interior and exterior painting and sealing.
- Ensure that clear fire passages are maintained in escape routes of buildings. Maintain and enforce building code guidelines for maintenance, mechanical and electric areas.
- Safely use tools and equipment including, but not limited to, power tools, hand tools, mechanical devices.
- Provides assistance to Property Management in the development of annual operating and capital budgets, recommendations on equipment.
- Organize and collect SDS sheets for services rendered.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Five or more years’ experience in HVAC system
- Background check required
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills.
- Clean and valid Indiana drive license
- On call position 24/7 - rotating schedule
- Commercial real estate experience preferred
- Experience with building controls
- Must be able to safely crawl, climb and lift at least 50lbs.
- Ability to act courteously with tenants and contractors.
- Be proficient with job specific software
- Physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position.
- Knowledge and safe performance practices in the use of relevant equipment and tools