Seasonal Sugar Sampler
The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 12 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we strive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
This position requires significant travel to a wide variety of vineyards. Collecting grape samples and performing basic analysis during the Harvest Season.
- Collecting Grape Samples at various vineyards
- Grape Maturity analysis and/or sample preparation
- Deliver Grape sample to lab daily
- Vineyard and grape health monitoring
- Provide support to lab personnel as needed
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not restrict the tasks management needs to be accomplished
- Experience, a plus
- Basic Math Skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be dependable and flexible to work varying shifts, overtime and weekends
- Own transportation
- Mileage reimbursement
- Must have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Support and model all company procedures and policies Embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group’s Values; Long-Term sustainable Value Creation, Relentlessly Entrepreneurial People and Responsible & Trustworthy.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Position requires significant travel between vineyards
- Must be able to walk and/or drive for long periods of time
- Primary work activities are in the environment elements
- Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions
- Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain
- May be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, farming chemicals and fertilizers
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.