Cellar Worker II
The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 12 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery.
The Cellar Worker II is responsible general winery work that includes sanitizing tanks, hoses, pipelines and general cleaning. Work assignments to include: racking, wine movements, wine treatments and blending of juice and wine.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Able to read, understand and complete paperwork efficiently and accurately
- Responsible for racking and blending wine accurately according to Winemaker’s instructions
- Responsible for barrel washing, gassing, stacking with forklift and barrel topping and SO2 addition.
- Perform as weigh master when needed
- Operate crush equipment and presses (with moderate supervision)
- Operates and cares for other moderately complex cellar equipment.
- Performs pump overs and punch downs and appropriately directs less skilled crew members in assisting with those tasks
- Harvest additions including yeasting, nutrients
- Handles shipping and receiving of tanker trucks
- Proficient forklift operation including at the bottling line
- Responsible for barrel racking, washing, stacking with forklift, barrel topping and running inventories
- Responsible for sanitation in all areas of cellar operations
- May direct less skilled workers or perform sanitation of cellar equipment
- Maintain a safe, clean and healthful work environment at all times
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years general winery experience in a production or manufacturing environment preferred
- Must have experience in all aspects of crush work including previous barrel experience
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak and understand instructions in English
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on quality, accuracy and timeliness
- Must be flexible with shift schedule
- Operation of basic hand tools
- Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations, operating procedures and company policies
- Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels
- Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions
- Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in the performance of various tasks in a production environment
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 60 pounds at varying frequencies with equipment
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.