- Full Time
- 2911 Centenary Blvd, Shreveport, LA 71134-1188
Opportunity to join a GREAT Team!
Ensures the safety of students, employees and guests in the controlled and assigned areas of property and functions related to the College, continuously enforces campus policies and state laws, and provides a community policing culture to the campus and its environs.
- Engages in foot and mobile patrols on campus to detect and prevent crimes.
- Enforces state laws.
- Responds to reports of crimes that occur within their jurisdiction, obtains information for the initial report and collects evidence.
- Apprehends subjects and makes arrest as appropriate.
- May participate in intelligence gathering and/or surveillance operations.
- Investigates traffic accidents and files accident reports with the state as appropriate. Testifies in court regarding state traffic violations and other crimes such as burglaries.
- Provides emergency services.
- Coordinates with other law enforcement and emergency response agencies as necessary.
- May be involved with Crime Prevention programs on campus. May participate in intelligence gathering and/or surveillance operations.
- Provides crowd and traffic control at special events.
- Provides safety education to students, faculty, and staff as needed.
- Maintains a community-oriented demeanor at all times in interactions with students, faculty, staff and campus guests.
- Other related duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Cannot be under indictment or have been convicted on a felony charge unless the applicant has received a full pardon.
- Must have and maintain a telephone during employment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to qualify with a firearm.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk 6-8 hours per day.
- Available to work shift, weekend, and overtime hours as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- POST Certified.
- One year or more of experience in university/college and/or other law enforcement.
- Must be people-oriented individual, have good communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Computer skills should include word processing, spreadsheets, email, and database applications.
- Must be able to fulfill job requirements in a high-energy, high-traffic area.