Cardiovascular Technician - Cardiac Cath Lab - Full Time
We’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Partnering with the LSU School of Medicine, our goal is to provide high-quality patient care within a setting that advances medical science through research and educates the next generation of leaders in healthcare. We are committed to providing opportunities for our staff that develop and grow careers in a compassionate team-oriented environment focused on patients first.
At Ochsner LSU Health System of North Louisiana, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner LSU Health System of North Louisiana and discover your future today!This job assumes responsibility for the operation of the catheterization laboratory. Operates diagnostic fluoroscopy equipment, monitors patient vitals, performs routine calculations, and assists the physician upon request. Prepares the procedure rooms, equipment, and patient for the procedure. Also assumes responsibility for the transmission and the verification of transmission of digital angiography procedures on the network database.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at the company's discretion.
Required – High school diploma or equivalent
Required - 1 year radiology and angiography experience in order to become familiar with cardiovascular procedures
Required - Registered Radiologic Technologist or Registered Cardiovascular Technologist
Current Louisiana and ARRT license
Basic Life Support Certification through the American Heart Association
Advanced Cardiac Life Support through the American Heart Association
Preferred - RCIS certification
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented; experience performing complex tasks which may be hazardous to the patient's welfare and skills to detect equipment malfunctions.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and courteously with a diverse group of internal/external visitors in a highly stressful atmosphere.
- An interest and curiosity to learn new procedures.
- Knowledge of Heart and Vascular catheterization.
- Operates monitoring and recording devices under physician direction to obtain necessary medical data and ensure patient safety.
- Operates Radiographic fluoroscopy equipment to obtain diagnostic images of coronary artery disease and peripheral vascular disease.
- Orders equipment in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Turns on all of the radiographic equipment in the AM.
- Assists nurse in checking patient in.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
This employer maintains and complies with its Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Must be able to move throughout and between facilities.
Must be able to stoop, bend, reach and grab with arms and hands, manual dexterity.
Must be able to work flexible schedule (e.g. 24/7, weekend, holiday, on call availability).
Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
The incumbent works in a patient care area; works in an area where patients enter; works directly with patients; and/or works with specimens that could contain communicable diseases. There may be an occupational risk for exposure to communicable diseases.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner LSU Health System of North Louisiana endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Service Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.