Great benefits and convenient location!!
Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Diversity
Centenary College of Louisiana invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant. This position reports to the Dean of Student and the Dean of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The Administrative Assistant provides confidential secretarial and administrative duties for deans as an important member of a friendly and hard-working team. The Administrative Assistant’s office is located in in the Moore Student Union Building, and is expected to provide excellent customer service for students and families, as well as faculty, staff, and community members, in person and via phone and email.
Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include:
- Greets and assists visitors and answers the phone, providing information, general assistance and customer service to students, parents, and others who may contact the office.
- Performs confidential administrative and secretarial duties, including but not limited to data entry, taking minutes, and editing and creating correspondence, agendas and reports.
- Assists with the hiring, training and supervision of student assistants; submits and reviews student time sheets, employee action forms and other paperwork for HR functions
- Enters data into the Banner campus information system, runs reports using Microsoft Access, and uses the Engage student organization management portal and other campus systems.
- Maintains confidential records and files, including but not limited to student conduct and Title IX files, and serves as a support person for the Conduct Review Committee and the Title IX hearing process.
- Processes and tracks financial information; processes and reviews credit card statements, check requests and invoices.
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendar information for the Dean of Students and the Dean of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Compiles information for the weekly What’s Happening e-newsletter, maintains up-to-date event lists in Engage, and collaborates with the Marketing and Communication team to publicize events and announcements via email and social media.
The successful candidate will be well-organized, self-motivated, personable, inclusive, and helpful. Applicants must have strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and database applications, and must be able to balance multiple priorities in a fun but professional office setting. An earned Bachelors degree in a relevant field is preferred, as is prior experience in a similar college environment.
To apply, send a letter of application and resume that includes references to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Administrative Assistant I
c/o Department of Human Resources
Centenary College of Louisiana
2911 Centenary Blvd.
Shreveport, LA 71104
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Centenary recognizes that diversity is essential to its goal of providing an educational environment where students explore the unfamiliar, invent new approaches to understanding, and connect their work and lives to the world at large. We thus welcome applicants who would add to the College's diversity of ideas, beliefs, experiences, and cultural backgrounds. EOE.
Candidates are invited to visit the College’s website at www.centenary.edu/jobs.
Centenary College of Louisiana is a selective, residential, national liberal arts college affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1825, it is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi River and is a member of the Associated Colleges of the South.