Dining Services Retail Unit Manager
Under the general administrative direction from Dining and Conference Services, the retail manager is responsible for the coordination and execution of the functional operation of the fast paced, high volume retail unit and a satellite operation.
- Create and maintain an acceptable atmosphere for the enjoyment and use of students, guests and university staff
- Responsible for the supervision and direction for assistant managers and unit staff members Coordinate and plan for schedules and special functions
- Assist with training requirements
- Promote positive atmosphere with students, employees and customers
- Contribute to the definition and adherence to acceptable food standards
- Assist with preparation, tracking and monitoring of the budget including cost controls, reporting, cash operation and accountability
- Responsible for the retail menu development and marketing
- Associate’s degree in a related field
- Four years of management (including supervision) experience in a college/university or restaurant operation is essential
- Serve Safe and AllerUTrain certifications or the ability to become certified within one year of hire
- Knowledge and good skills in employee and public relations, food production methods and procedures, food ordering, inventory systems, budget monitoring, employee scheduling, and NYS Board of Health regulations
- Proven leadership qualities and strong organization skills
- Positive customer service skills and demonstrate an open and collaborative communication style
- Good problem solving skills
- Must be committed to working in a diverse community and have the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population
- Ability to prioritize and multitask essential
- Exhibit a high level of integrity, accuracy and strong work ethic
- Valid Driver’s license required
- Demonstrated ability to work with systems and databases required
- Evening and weekend work as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Experience in catering helpful
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to David Geleta (firstname.lastname@example.org), Associate Director of Dining & Conference Services.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a coeducational, private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations. The educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, humanity and the planet. Through its focus on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a St. Lawrence education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, from the local to the global.
The University is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged. St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.