School Counselor (9331)
Full Time School Counselor opening in Webster!!
Under the general direction of the Principal or other education leaders, the School Counselor is responsible for providing a success-oriented support and/or skill-building experience for designated students.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts individual and group education-related counseling for students.
- Performs mandated guidance requirements for those students in grades 7-12 such as class selection and school adjustment.
- Prepares and coordinates with students and treatment teams the enrollment of the student and families into the Public School System.
- Communicates with students’ home school district regarding progress, credits and issues related to transitioning back to home district.
- Assists in identification and coordination of services for those students needing vocational testing and training.
- Coordinates adult transitional services when kids are aging out and are in need of vocational services.
Requirements: Master’s Degree and Certification in School Counseling with a minimum of 1 year of experience, is required. Candidates who are able and willing to drive are preferred; these candidates must have a valid NYS driver’s license and must meet agency driving and insurance requirements.