- Full Time
- $40,000 - $50,000 Year
- 1001 Lexington Ave Suite 800, Rochester, NY 14606
Join a Fun Team!
Selby Marketing, LLC is a Rochester, NY based Full-Service mail house that has been in business for over 38 years. Providing worldwide services that includes our wide variety of Digital, Offset printing, Design, including book printing and distribution fulfillment center.
With business expanding Selby Marketing, is currently looking for a qualified candidate for a Full-Time Buyer.
The primary responsibilities of this position are planning of raw materials and finished goods, negotiating pricing, optimizing purchasing plans and finding material savings.
- Working knowledge of commercial printing which includes specifications for final size, paper stock, inks and envelopes.
- Flexible, resourceful and able to collaborate with team members to provide recommendations and solutions while managing multiple projects.
- Consult with team members to develop a purchasing plan for a job. This includes a competitive negotiation process.
- Interact comfortably with vendors: skilled at driving the discussions and processes for the best solutions possible for print.
- Ensure all print materials achieved in a timely manner throughout the print production process.
- Review and approve art proofs with other team members and customers.
- Provide complete and accurate purchase orders to vendors.
- Ensure product inventory is in balance to meet customer demand and production needs.
- Print brokerage.
- Strong knowledge of print production processes.
- Strong negotiation skills with vendors.
- Comfortable conversing and communicating with suppliers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping timetables.
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast pace environment.
- Shows commitment through execution of responsibilities regardless of the challenges posed.
- 4+ years’ experience in purchasing or relevant buyer.
- Credibility to customers’ requests.
- Posses exceptional verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a timely manner.