Leadership Opportunity for Vet Techs
Pet Care Supervisor at Holiday Barn Pet Resorts - Midlothian
Pet Care Coordinator
Holiday Barn Pet Resorts - Midlothian, Va
What do we do at Holiday Barn Pet Resorts?
We get the opportunity, every day, to care for, play with, and be an integral part of the lives of thousands of Richmond's pets and their families. Our business provides safe, happy lodging for vacationing pets while they need to be away from their families. We also offer fun, energized playgroups for dogs to enjoy through our Doggie Day Care. Our Pet Grooming department is "paw-excellance" as we provide pets nice sudsy baths, pedicures, stylish haircuts and anti-shedding treatments. Dogs who need some new manners or are looking to get a higher education can receive the professional training services of our dog trainer. Equally important, all Pack members at Holiday Barn work together for a common set of company values and mission of "Creating Joy in the lives of pets and their families".
What are some valuable talents to bring to Holiday Barn?
- Interpersonal skills. The Pet Care Coordinator is an Individual who thrives on interacting with people and pets, providing a high level of service, and enjoys pursing growth opportunities.
- Supervisory skills. Experience in supervising a team is required, along with the ability to consistently train and grow the department within our company's goals.
- Leadership. We are a "pack" work environment; The Pet Care Coordinator is a department leader but also works a member of our leadership team
- Flexibility. We are a resort business; Candidates must be available to work full time, weekends, and holidays.
- The ability to motivate our "pack." Being "Furrmazing" is one of our "pack" values, which means that enthusiasm for everything we do is a must.
• Accountability for the welfare of our furry guests.
• Assist the Pet Care and Facility manager train and supervise staff to maximize our level of service to guests
• Perform the same tasks as member of the Pet Care pack as needed; this is a hands on position.
• Communicate with the Pet Care Manager and/or Facility Manager regarding potential pet care issues and opportunities.
• Assist Pet Care Manager and/or Facility Manager with developing and/or implementing ideas to improve resort operations.
• Coordinate staff needs among other teams as needed, such as in grooming or camp.
• Provide support to other teams, such as grooming, customer experience or camp, as needed in the absence of a supervisor.
• Provide clear and constructive feedback to staff regarding work performance and deliver realistic expectations and appraisal of work performance.
• Act as a "Pack" leader and communicate effectively with the staff.
• Handle customer issues and opportunities in professional manner.
• Open and close the facility.
• Have an understanding of all facility operations to keep facility running efficiently and safely for our guests and employees.
• Ability to create and maintain a spirit of collaboration, cooperation and enthusiasm within the Pet Care Pack and within the entire organization.
• Work accurately and reliably with a positive attitude.
• Communication skills
• Proper scheduling of pack to meet the demands of the business and manage workflow.
Some of our job requirements
• 2 years supervisory experience, including experience supervising a large staff
• Must be physically able to to work in a fast paced, physically demanding position.
• Vet tech degree/certification and 2 years vet tech experience in the animal care field.
• Must be able to work on ALL major holidays, and be available to work a rotating schedule that includes weekends.
This is a full time position.
We have an immediate opening for a Pet Care Coordinator at our Midlothian location at 614 Johnston Willis Drive
To apply, fill out an application on our website holidaybarn.com. To be considered for this, or any position at Holiday Barn, interested applicants MUST complete our application. Please, no telephone calls or visits to our lobby for applications.
Holiday Barn is a drug free workplace.