Manager needed to Lead our Team at Camp Holiday Barn
Manager - Dog Day Care - Holiday Barn Glen Allen
Dog Day Care Manager – Holiday Barn Pet Resorts, Glen Allen
We are looking for a highly motivated, responsible dog lover to leader our Day Care Pack at Camp Holiday Barn. The Day Care Manager ensures that operations at Camp Holiday Barn are successfully maintained and integrated into the service goals of all other departments at Holiday Barn, ensuring the health, safety and happiness of our day care guests. The Day Care Manager is a hands-on employee within Camp Holiday Barn and the entire resort. The manager works closely with the Facility Manager, other department managers and pack members to provide premiere care and service to our guests while also integrating Holiday Barn’s values into all interactions with all pack members, customers and guests.
What is Dog Day Care like at Holiday Barn?
Dog Day Care at Camp Holiday Barn is an action-packed day care program which entertains your dog all day. There are many benefits to our day care program. Your dog will come home tired and happy. Your dog will get quite a bit of exercise.
Requirements for this position include:
- Supervisory experience – Minimum 2 years experience leading a team
- Minimum 2 years pet care experience in a professional pet care environment
- Education – Bachelors degree, vet technician degree or equivalent work experience in a professional pet care environment
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work well within a team and lead a team
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Love of Dogs!
- Core understanding and knowledge of dog behavior
- Ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding environment. The Coordinator must be able to lift pets up to 50 lbs. Holiday Barn Pet Resorts are active places to work. Our work environment is typified as a moderately physical work place. Our responsibilities include heavy lifting, handling energetic pets, repetitive arm motions, long periods of standing, body-bumping, loud noises, health conscious cleaning, and LOTS of dog and cat interactions!
- Flexibility. We are a resort, which means we are busiest on weekends and holidays. Work during these busy times, including Thanksgiving and Christmas days, is required for all pack members.
Holiday Barn will provide competitive compensation, access to company sponsored health benefits and personal leave time and the opportunity to grow within our company.
This position is available at our Glen Allen location at 3800 Mountain Road.
To apply for the Day Care Manager position, please complete the application on our website, holidaybarn.com. No telephone calls of visits to our busy lobbies, please.
Holiday Barn is a drug free workplace.