- Full Time
- 22.00 Hour
- 2636 Chrun Creek Road Suite A, Redding, CA 96002
$22.00 an hour starting
The Administrator plans, directs and coordinates the daily operation of the licensed facility. The Administrator supervises the Supervisor and all Instructors or Direct Support Professionals/Direct Care Staff within the facility.
Essential Job Functions
The Administrator must also possess the following abilities:
- Knowledge of the requirements for providing the type of care and supervision needed by the consumers, including the ability to communicate with consumers.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with applicable law and regulation.
- Ability to maintain or supervise the maintenance of financial and other records.
- Ability to direct the work of others.
- Ability to establish and manage the facility policy, procedure and budget.
- Ability to recruit, employ, train, and evaluate qualified staff and to terminate employment of staff.
The Administrator shall perform the following duties:
- Advise the licensee on the operation of the facility and on developments in the field of care and supervision
- Develop an administrative plan and procedure to organize the work of the facility, delegate responsibility to staff, establish lines of supervision and communication.
- Recruit, employ, evaluate, promote, and terminate staff.
- Provide, or insure the provision of, services to the consumers, required by applicable law and regulation, including those services identified in the individual needs and services plans.
- Direct and evaluate consumer programs.
- Make arrangements for attendance and participation in community activities, when the consumer’s needs cannot be met by the facility, but can be met by the community programs.
- Arrange for special provisions for the care and supervision, safety and guidance of consumers with disabilities including visual or auditory deficiencies.
- Manage the expenditures according to the facility budget limitations.
- Develop a plan for orientation, development, training, and continuing education for all staff.
- Assess the facility operations and program; report to the licensee and make recommendations to address identified problems.
Essential Job Requirements
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must successfully complete and possess a current Adult Residential Facility and/or Group Home administrator certification course, approved by Community Care Licensing, prior to employment unless the individual qualifies for an exemption specific in statute.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience working in a level 4I or RCL 14 facility as a direct care staff member, as well as possess management and supervisory experience in regards to their educational level in accordance with Title 22.
- Must have training or experience which demonstrates an ability to perform the functions and duties required by regulation.
- Must be on the facility premises at least 20 hours per week when consumers are present.
- Must meet Title 17 and Title 22 Requirements for Continued Education.
- Must possess and maintain a valid First Aid Certification and C.P.I., PCM Training.
- Must have DSP Year 1 & 2 certification.
- Shall have a criminal clearance, including DOJ, and FBI.
- 3 hr. of HIV Training and 1 hr. of TB training and update it every 2 years.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position
All job requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with federal and state laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.