Most Popular Prince George Area Job Postings
Some Job Postings get increased traffic (views, clicks and applies) simply because there are more people likely to be qualified and interested in a particular type of job. For example, there are far more people who are ready to be salespeople than brain surgeons.
There are also some things you can do to increase interest in your posting. Generally, a Job Posting with lots of detail about the position and the company will perform well. Provide a detailed description of the position. Include the hours, the benefits and the salary an applicant can expect.
These are the best performing Job Postings currently displayed on Prince George Job Shop.
Prince George Auto Wrecking is looking for an automotive dismantler. Applicant will be working mainly inside but may need to be outdoors at times. The job involves stripping vehicles, cleaning, tagging and properly inventorying all removed parts in a clean and orderly fashion. Valid BCDL and own tools is a must. Applicant should be able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision. Wages based on experience. Benefits available after 90 days. Please apply in person to 9223 Northern Cres, via fax to 250-561-1025 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full Time
- Prince George, BC
Excellent Opportunity to Join a Great Team!
Roofmart, a major Canadian distributor of residential, commercial Roofing and Siding products, requires a Crane Truck Driver and Operator to join our organization.
With over 50 Roofmart locations across Canada, we are strategically positioned to handle all our customer needs. We are looking for Enthusiastic, Driven, Outside of the Box Thinkers to help us grow our business.
Your role will be to safely load, move and deliver product while complying with all health and safety rules, regulations, and legislation. As such you will perform pre-operational inspections, maintenance checklists, clean, lubricate, and calculate crane capacities and weight prior to rigging and hoisting. Your ability to assess a situation and recognize potential hazards will be invaluable. You must have strong reasoning and problem solving skills. You must be able to work with a partner or work alone and in various weather conditions, be able to lift 80lbs and work at heights. Able to operate a lift truck is preferred and you will participate in keeping the warehouse clean and organized. You will demonstrate excellent customer service and strong communication skills as you interact directly with customers.
Preference will be given to candidates that hold valid Fall Protection Certification and a First Aid Certificate.
Roofmart is a growing company; you will have opportunities for growth and development possibly even owning your own truck.
- Must have a valid insurance acceptable Class Provincial CDL license and ability to provide current drivers abstract.
- Class A Operator Ticket
- Load Securement training.
- Fall Protection/Working at Heights Training - an asset (can be provided)
- First Aid Certificate – an asset (can be provided)
- HIAB experience – Preferred.
- Forklift training – an asset (can be provided)
- Knowledge of the roofing industry would be considered an asset.
- crane operator experience is an asset
Our company offers a competitive wage, full-time hours, continuing education, and group benefit program.
If you are interested in joining the Roofmart family, please email your resume to email@example.com
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment: Roofmart is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Roofmart encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Full Time
- Brampton, ON
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National Car Rental (Canada) Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Rental Sales Agent. The Rental Sales Agent provides a superior, friendly, and efficient transaction (at time of rental and return) using the company approved sales and service techniques. Facilitates the rental process through verification and documentation of all necessary driver information to provide for an efficient and timely rental and return experience. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the wants and needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
Branch Location: 4141 Airport Rd, Prince George, BC V2N 4M6
This is a permanent Full Time position.
- Provide all customers with friendly and personalized attention, in person and on the phone at all stages of the rental process.
- Adhere to company rental requirement guidelines.
- Effectively resolve all customer service issues.
- Use Company approved selling techniques to offer all optional products to meet customer needs.
- Achieve sales targets and goals.
- Perform other customer service related duties in addition to those listed, to ensure our service exceeds the expectation of the customer.
- Positively represent the Company to all vendors and the general public.
- Ensures the security of company assets.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly. Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean work environment. Immediately reports any unsafe or hazardous conditions to the lead agent and/or manager.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Must have a current and valid class 5 driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Minimum 2 years experience in a customer service or sales role.
- Proficient in English, written and verbal comprehension.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Full Time
- Prince George, BC
Are you looking for a rewarding career working with Youth? Milieu has exciting career opportunities for you! Apply today to discover the life changing difference you can make!
Hiring Child and Youth Workers for Full Time, Part Time, and Casual positions
When applying, please indicate the following on your resume:
- Your 3 years minimum combined education and relevant experience associated with community social services
- If you have a valid BC class 4 or 5 driver's license
- Your weekly availability to take shifts
Milieu is committed to person-centered support and seeks to foster independence, build relationships, and increase community inclusion and citizenship opportunities for those we serve. Our mission is “to empower and support people as valued, contributing citizens in communities.”
Applicants should have skills in problem solving, crisis intervention, and written and verbal communication, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A diploma in human/social services or a related discipline or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two-year experience working in social services/community living
- Negative TB test Clearance
- Food Safe Certification
- Clear Health Certificate
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Class 5 or where required class 4 unrestricted driver’s license
- Clear and Current Driver’s Abstract.
- Mandt Certification (Available training upon successful application)
- Ministry of Children and Family Development Clearance
- Criminal Record Check for Children and Vulnerable Adults (Provincial)
To qualify for this position you must have a previously completed government criminal record check. Those without a completed Criminal Record Check will not be eligible for employment.
This is a unionized position with the BCGEU grid 11.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $20.78 to $24.20 /hour
- Full Time, Part Time
- 20.78 Hour
- Cloverdale, BC
Do you want to help ensure every worker in this province goes home safely at the end of the day? We’re looking for enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and dedicated individuals to help us build safer and healthier workplaces in British Columbia.
Our occupational safety officers have at least four years of direct hands-on experience, and have been involved in workplace health and safety in the following industries: Agriculture, Construction, Fishing, Forestry, Health care, Industrial Construction, Manufacturing, Retail and Hospitality, Trades and Utilities, and Transportation and Warehousing.
We have positions available in the following locations:
- Burnaby – Manufacturing, Retail & Hospitality, Trades & Utilities, Transportation & Warehousing
- Fort St. John – Forestry, Industrial Construction
- Nelson – Forestry, Manufacturing
- Port Moody – Construction, Manufacturing, Retail & Hospitality, Trades & Utilities, Transportation & Warehousing
- Prince George – Industrial Construction, Trades & Utilities
- Richmond – Manufacturing, Retail & Hospitality, Trades & Utilities, Transportation and Warehousing
- Surrey –Agriculture, Health Care, Manufacturing, Retail & Hospitality, Trades & Utilities, and Transportation & Warehousing
- Victoria – Construction, Health Care
We’ll be reviewing applications weekly — don’t wait, apply today for roles scheduled to start January 27, 2020. Please specify in your cover letter which location(s) you prefer.
What you’ll do:
You’ll partner with industry to reduce risk and keep workplaces healthy and safe through education, consultation and enforcement. You’ll make a positive, tangible difference by:
- Inspecting workplaces to ensure that a safe work environment is being maintained and work procedures reflect effective incident prevention practices
- Ensuring that there are no potential health or safety hazards to workers, that workers and the employer have been apprised of their responsibilities, and that first aid services and equipment meet current criteria
- Writing orders to ensure compliance with the Workers Compensation Act and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
- Consulting with and educating employers, workers, and others on occupational health and safety matters
- Partnering with industry to ensure the success of safety initiatives
Meet one of our occupational safety officers to learn more about the job.
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for people who can:
- Apply their knowledge of workplace industrial processes, equipment, and technology
- Use their interpersonal and communication skills to convey knowledge and gain compliance on complex health and safety issues and concerns within various work environments
- Use their critical thinking skills to analyze and evaluate unique workplace health and safety issues and identify effective mitigations and controls
- Make and enforce timely decisions independently and objectively, using sound judgment and technical knowledge
- Professionally deal with emergencies and sensitive situations
- Work variable hours, including Saturdays, be available for emergency call out after hours or weekends, and be willing to travel throughout the province
Your experience and educational background:
- A minimum of four years of direct hands-on work experience in one of the industries listed above where you have gained broad knowledge of the industry’s processes, equipment, terminology, risks, and hazards. Roles held could include superintendent, health and safety representative, owner, foreman, tradesperson, or operator
- General knowledge of occupational health and safety as evidenced by education and/or experience in OH&S
- Experience in preventing workplace bullying and harassment or discriminatory action is a strong asset
To see if your resume meets the requirements for this position, please review our resume screening guidelines for this position.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases do occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers’ compensation system today and for future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a starting salary of $76,909 - $83,109, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward a defined benefit pension plan. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
If you’re the successful applicant, we’ll be making a conditional offer contingent upon your clearing a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act. At the time of offer, you’ll need to provide consent for a criminal record check. Once we receive clearance, we’ll confirm your offer of employment.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit our career page at www.worksafebc.com and select See Job Openings to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.
- Full Time
- January 27, 2020 start date
- Prince George, BC