- Part Time
- 1220 2nd Avenue, Prince George, BC V2L 4V6
St Vincent de Paul Prince George
Casual Positions - Cook and/or Drop In Centre Assistant
Saint Vincent de Paul Prince George is part of an international organization whose mission is to serve the poor with love, respect, justice, and joy. We have been providing services to those in need for over thirty years in Prince George. Our Drop In Centre operates seven days a week all year round providing meals and food hampers. We are looking for casuals who could assist in either our Cook and/or Drop in Centre Assistant positions. Shifts would be scheduled from Monday to Friday. Training would be provided to the successful candidate(s).
Drop In Centre Assistant:
- Fosters an environment of hospitality with all volunteers, guests, and other employees in order to create a welcoming and safe atmosphere.
- Assists with emergency and fruit & vegetable hamper distributions
- Assists with meal preparations and clean up
- Accepts, sorts and acknowledges food and monetary donations
- Ensures the provision of the meal program at the Drop In Centre
- Oversees and works with volunteers in the preparation and serving of breakfast and lunch
- Assists with clean up following meal service
Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of Food Safe and OFA Level 1 (training can be arranged)
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to work as part of a team and build relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to assess situations and be able to jump into different job roles
How to Apply
If you are positive, compassionate and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you! The successful candidate would be required to complete a Criminal Record Check. Please apply with resume and three work references by mail to Box 1617, Prince George, B.C. V2L 4V6 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct any questions to our email address. Thank you!
Or, apply to this job:
Box 1617, Prince George, BC, V2L 4V6