- Full Time
- 30,000 - 40,000 Year
- 2109 S Main St, Morton, IL 61550
JOB FUNCTION: Under the general supervision of the Weatherization Manager, the Weatherization Specialist, confers with, advises, and assists property owners and contractors in matters pertaining to the weatherization of homes.
- Inspects and evaluates condition of structures to be rehabilitated in accordance with applicable codes; provides technical assistance to property owners on all phases of weatherization work.
- Monitors weatherization work to assure adherence to proper standards, methods, and materials’ specifications; denotes alterations, additions, and deletions necessary to project.
- Maintains accurate records in relation to projects and inspections.
- Compiles data, types reports, documents, and any other related materials.
- Input invoice detail information into the weatherization computer system.
- Outreach – provides information to the general public as part of the agency’s efforts to extend access to the related programs to all potentially eligible clients.
- Attends meetings/conferences either local, statewide, or nationwide as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, building construction, and materials; knowledge of building, zoning, and housing codes; knowledge of techniques and methods of cost estimating. Proficient working knowledge of computers, especially Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, and Excel; ability and willingness to learn weatherization computer entry system; Possess the ability to counsel and communicate effectively with persons of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school or vocational school and considerable building construction, inspection, and cost estimation experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, with the office closed from 12:00 – 1:00 PM for the lunch hour. Benefits include salary commensurate upon experience, but within the range of $30,000 - $40,000 per year, 7 hours of vacation and sick time per month, 15 hours of personal leave per quarter, individual paid health and life insurance, and 8% of salary contribution to a 401(k) plan retirement per year. Salary may be subject to increase(s) after completion of the various levels of certification necessary to work within the weatherization program.
Possession of valid driver’s license and automobile for use in work.
Please submit resumes by mail to:
Tazwood Community Services, Inc.
2109 S. Main St.
Morton, IL 61550
OR via e-mail to RCampbell@tazwoodcs.org and be sure to put in the subject line Resume – Weatherization Specialist.
Resumes will be accepted through close of business on June 30, 2020.
Tazwood Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.