Advanced Correctional Healthcare, Inc. has been re-certified as a Great Place to Work® by Fortune Magazine for the fourth straight year for 2019-2020!
Advanced Correctional Healthcare, Inc. (ACH), employer of 900+ employees, has an immediate opening for someone who wants to work in an employee-focused culture and serve an underserved population. ACH became certified as a Great Place to Work in August 2016, 2017, 2018, and for 2019-2020! Other awards include INC 5000’s award for the fastest growing healthcare company 3-times.
ACH values their employees.
In return for your education, experience, and skills, you will be highly compensated. Employees are encouraged to use the Professional Development program to further their professional skills. This 40 hour Monday-Friday position is based at the corporate office in Peoria, IL. Employment will be at-will.
- Assist in the completion of the month-end process. Prepare standard month-end journal entries, including amortization of prepaid assets.
- Financial statement distribution
- Calculated Credits for unfilled nursing hours
- Prepare month end Balance Sheet recons as assigned.
- Budgets. Assist department heads with quarterly and annual budget maintenance.
- Work with Controller for quarterly budget changes and maintain client budgets in G/L.
- Review and post G/L uploads for various entries.
- Prepare Insurance Expense accrual
- Payroll expense analysis
- Prepare quarterly/annual local tax filings and annual reports for the Controller’s review.
- Coordinate and pull information for Worker’s Comp Audits
- Miscellaneous projects or reports as required by management.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Strong Microsoft Office (advanced Excel user), Internet, and email skills
- QuickBooks experience preferred
ACH provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Follow these links to learn more about equal employment opportunity, the Employee Polygraph Protection Act, or the Family and Medical Leave Act.