JOIN OUR TEAM NOW!
- Are you an Accountant with 3 years Personal & Corporate tax experience?
- Want to work for an established local business that cares about its staff, clients, and community?
If you’ve answered “yes” to the above, then this is the job for you!
Reporting to the Manager, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for a blended portfolio of personal and corporate taxes and accounting. You will use research and best practices to inform sound decision-making.
- Use research to support internal processes and to help clients make informed decisions
- Stay current with current legislation and allowable deductions
- Prepare corporate and personal tax returns and Accounting to Notice to Reader
- Provide internal support through advising and/or training staff
This is an ideal role if you are:
- Well organized, accurate with strong attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities, often in a fast-paced environment
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Interested in growing into a leadership role
Your credentials and skills include:
- Post-secondary education in a related financial field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience doing corporate taxes, personal taxes and accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian Revenue Agency process and procedures
- Excellent computer skills, with experience using MS Office, Sage, Simply Accounting, QuickBooks, Cantax or other tax prep software
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently, and as a part of a close-knit team
- Bilingualism is an asset but it is not required for this role.
- Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Must be willing to work overtime in March, April and May – including Saturdays
Who we are:
For over 30 years, the experts at Sheppard & Associates has been providing a wide range of accounting, financial and insurance solutions to individuals, families and small- and medium-sized businesses in North Grenville and surrounding areas. We are a close-knit team that operates out of our newly renovated office in Kemptville, Ontario. Above all, we are an accounting firm that cares – about its clients, employees, and community!
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Matching Pension Plan
- Family atmosphere
- Potential for growth
- Opportunities for professional development
- Opportunities to get involved in the community
To be negotiated, based on experience.
If selected for this opportunity, you will work full time from our Kemptville office.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to: