Exciting opportunities available for part-time Customer Advisors
Lee Valley Tools enjoys a proud 39 year history of providing high quality woodworking, gardening, hobby, hardware, gift and seasonal merchandise. Our customer service delivery is legendary and is rigorously addressed as part of the culture throughout the company.
We have exciting opportunities available for part-time Customer Advisors at our Ottawa Retail Store.
The Customer Advisor autonomously provides high quality support and service for customer orders. Using a broad range of knowledge and experience the Customer Advisor capably handles customer enquiries regarding products &/or services related to woodworking, gardening and other issues.
The Customer Advisor must be available to work evenings and week-end shifts.
- Serves customers promptly, courteously, and efficiently in person or on the phone
- Provide accurate processing and fulfillment of customer orders
- Provide customers with accurate pricing, part numbers, and/or product availability for orders
- Determines the nature of the inquiry and directs it to the appropriate individual or group if necessary
- Resolve routine service, delivery issues
- Manage custom order products
- Assists in other areas of the store when needed
- Collects detailed symptoms of customer problems, may require additional research and testing to facilitate repair or resolution
- Following through on product problems and suggestions
- May provide guidance to other departments or less experienced staff
- May conduct training sessions for staff or seminars for customers on a particular topic or line of products or participate in product testing
Knowledge and Skills:
- High school diploma and 1-2 years of related experience; college diploma or certification in a related field (horticulture, woodworking, carpentry, etc.) considered a significant asset
- Previous experience in a retail or customer service environment; familiarity with and understanding of retail operations considered an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal communication
- Advanced knowledge of Lee Valley product lines and expert knowledge of a full area of Lee Valley products (e.g. woodworking or gardening) an asset
- Sound knowledge of our website and its functionality an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title.