Join a creative team of designers and fabricators
Over the past 37+ years Expographiq has quietly built a solid reputation by designing and building cultural, corporate and branded experiences. We have built our reputation for innovation and quality by working closely and collaboratively with museums, marketing agencies, public institutions, government departments, exhibit and industrial designers and charitable foundations across a wide spectrum of industries.
The controller has the role of managing the accouning department and will assume the responsibilities of a Chief Financial Officer.
Will collaborate with and participate in Senior Management decision making.
The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted acounting principles.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts payable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial stetements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels
- Comply with local, provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Desired Qualifications: The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Supervises: All accounting staff