Most Popular Ottawa Valley Job Postings
Some Job Postings get increased traffic (views, clicks and applies) simply because there are more people likely to be qualified and interested in a particular type of job. For example, there are far more people who are ready to be salespeople than brain surgeons.
There are also some things you can do to increase interest in your posting. Generally, a Job Posting with lots of detail about the position and the company will perform well. Provide a detailed description of the position. Include the hours, the benefits and the salary an applicant can expect.
These are the best performing Job Postings currently displayed on Ottawa Valley Job Shop.
The successful candidate will develop and execute a sales plan to meet the Arnprior Aerospace Inc. group of companies profitable growth expectations. The incumbent will lead business development initiatives through the development and execution of internal and external sales activities. S/he will support processes related to sales & marketing, bid & proposal, contracts, and customer support.
Sales & Marketing
- Develop and implement the marketing plan
- Conduct sales/marketing research and analysis including key area benchmarking
- Develop & maintain sales & marketing materials (brochures, web-site material, presentations etc.)
- Develop sales strategies for target markets/customers to ensure attainment of company sales goals & objectives
- Prepare action plans for effective search of sales leads and prospects
- Initiate and coordinate the development of action plans to penetrate new markets
- Conduct direct sales activities and develop a sales pipeline for all key opportunities
- Provide support with respect to new customer relationships
- Assist with trade show duties and potential client follow up
- Coordinate preparation of sales forecasts for financial business plans
- Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales, and quote activity reports
Bid & Proposal
- Provide accurate, technical/commercial proposals and quote responses (RFP/RFI)
- Assist/lead proposal teams established to respond to RFPs
- Create and conduct proposal presentations
- Follow up with customer after RFI/RFP receipt and response delivery
- Support ‘Bidding Status’ meetings
- Conduct contract reviews and provide appropriate recommendations
- Prepare language that supports contracts
- Participate in the formulation of strategic agreements
- Formally interface with the customer in all business transactions
- Negotiate terms and conditions on customer purchase contracts
- Provide project management for new projects received as required
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Maintain contact with all customers to ensure high levels of satisfaction
- Conduct and/or facilitate regular customer meetings
- Coordinate internal action items in support of customer requirements
- 5+ years of experience in sales management
- Applicable post-secondary education
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Customer Relationship Management
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Willingness to travel and work with a global team of sales professionals
- Knowledge of Aerospace & Defense market sector
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales
- Proven ability to work as part of a multi-functional team
- Ability to obtain required security clearances
Applicants must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Arnprior Aerospace Inc. will provide the appropriate accessibility accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process
- Full Time
- Arnprior, ON
If you’re looking to jump-start your career with a clear path to advancement, then the Enterprise Management Training Program is for you. Whether you see yourself in sales, business development, customer service or operations, this program will prepare you to create your ideal career. As a Management Trainee, you can count on a defined career trajectory with a clear beginning and an open end — meaning you can take your training and shape your future. And with our promote-from-within philosophy, you will have plenty of opportunities to advance without ever having to change companies.
As a Management Trainee, you’ll start learning our business from day one while based out of one of our neighborhood branches. You will be entrusted to serve as both the face of Enterprise to customers and partners and the behind-the-scenes operational expert. In our structured program, you will master the knowledge and skills you need to eventually run your own branch, cultivate new business and develop your team.
In our hands-on learning environment, you will receive the guidance, mentoring, and support you need to be successful. You will also get out into the community and establish the relationships essential to building your own business.
We’ll teach you how to excel at customer service, sales and marketing, finance, and operations. And you’ll learn what it means to always put our customers first. Ours is a culture of friendly competition, which is critical to growing our business — and your success.
This position offers targeted annual compensation of $45,800.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Must have a Bachelor's degree, 4 Year Advanced Diploma from an accredited Post Secondary Institution or higher.
- Experience in sales, customer service and management.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than two chargeable moving violations or accidents within the last three years.
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record (DWI/DUI) or criminal record within the last 5 years.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada and not require sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Full Time
- Pembroke, ON
The Sands on Golden Lake is currently seeking a full-time Lead Sous Chef for our busy year-round resort. The Sands offers a mix of formal banquets and weddings to casual home cooked meals. Train under our professional chef with competitive wages and health benefits for our full-time employees.
- Set up of Workstations: all ingredients and cooking equipment
- Preparation of Ingredients: (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food using various appliances
- Ensure accurate presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Maintain a sanitized and orderly kitchen environment
- Proper storage of food and other essential items
- Quality check of ingredients
· Experience working in a fast-paced kitchen environment
· Knowledge of cooking procedures and methods
· Team player with great communication skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
· Knowledge of health and safety procedures
· Safe Food Handling Certificate
· Willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
· Capable of lifting up to 50lbs.
The Sands offers a fun working environment, filled with an energetic and dynamic group of professionals. If you enjoy working with people, love a fast pace environment and have kitchen experience, you belong at the Sands! You must also be able to work shift work including evenings and weekend. Possibility of provided temporary staff accommodations.
Please apply with resume and cover letter in person or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full Time
- Renfrew, ON
Roseburg Forest Products is a closely held forest products company building value with timberland, safe and efficient manufacturing, and passionate, capable people. Roseburg Forest Products markets quality products and provide superior customer service at a profit to sustain growth. Roseburg Forest Products is vertically integrated with timberlands and facilities across North America.
We currently have 6 opportunities for the right individuals to join our dynamic and talented team of employees as:
Industrial Electrician ($1000 SIGNING BONUS!)
File No: PMDF- 18018
Location: 777 Fibreboard Drive, Pembroke, ON K8A 6W4
CLOSING DATE: Until position filled
The Industrial Electrician will work as part of a team to install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in Pembroke MDF’s manufacturing environment. This individual will have the ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and specifications in order to provide troubleshooting and repair services. The Industrial Electrician will also routinely perform preventative maintenance on all equipment and components in order to ensure the continued safe, efficient and effective operations of all equipment and fixtures utilized by the organization.
- Post-secondary education
- Industrial Electrician Certificate (442) of Qualification (Interprovincial Red Seal)
- Minimum 5 years' Industrial Electrician experience required with preference given to those with a background in a manufacturing environment
- Allen Bradley PLC experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures
- Self-starter, with developed analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Computer literate
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts on a rotating basis in a 24/7 manufacturing facility
For additional information regarding this position, please visit our website at www.roseburg.com/careers
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com quoting the position title and file number or visit www.roseburg.com/careers. If you would like a copy of the position’s job description, please request it when applying.
Roseburg Forest Product Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
- Full Time
- Pembroke, ON
Enterprise Management Trainee
As a Management Trainee, you’ll start learning the Enterprise business from day one. From your local neighborhood location to a higher-volume airport environment, you will learn the ins and outs of the rental business. In this non-rotational program, you will master the knowledge and skills you need to run your own branch.
Based in a hands-on environment, you will receive the guidance, mentoring, and support you need to be successful. You will also get out into the community and establish the relationships essential to building your own business.
During your first year, you will actively participate in everything from sales and marketing and customer service to operations and finance. As you progress, you will be tested and evaluated to determine your proficiency in these areas. Successful completion of these tests and evaluations will result in rewards, pay increases and the opportunity for continued promotions.
From day one, you’ll embody what it means to always put our customers first. Friendly competition will drive the sales goals that are critical to growing our business — and to your success.
As a Management Trainee, you are empowered to make business decisions that greatly affect your career as well as the bottom line. You'll gain responsibility for developing new business and maintaining current relationships. You'll be responsible for understanding cost control, reading your branch's P&L statement and understanding what it takes to run a profitable business. You will also learn how to deliver superior customer service. We will teach you how to effectively communicate, influence and interact with all types of customers, vendors and co-workers. You'll learn proper sales techniques, problem solving and conflict management. In your development to become a successful manager at Enterprise, you'll learn how to mentor, train, develop, manage and promote a staff of your own.
If you have a Bachelor’s Degree, experience in customer service, sales or leadership and are ready to jumpstart your career, apply now!
- Multiple Locations