- Full Time
- 8401 S 132nd St, Omaha, NE 68138
Feed the World. Fuel your Career.
Summer Assembly Technician
Commitment to CLAAS Principles of Managing and Working Together
Even with activities around the globe and worldwide production, CLAAS remains a family company. A company in which everyone has a shared idea of how we should work together.
Every CLAAS employee deserves to be respected as a person and recognized for the work that he or she does. CLAAS employees demonstrate Respect to one another in how they communicate with and behave towards one another.
Working together cooperatively in our company requires that staff are involved both in forming opinions and in making decisions. CLAAS employees demonstrate Involvement by sharing their opinions in a manner that helps solve problems and make decisions that benefit the organization.
CLAAS employees work together based on credibility, loyalty and trust. CLAAS employees demonstrate Reliability through their integrity, attendance, and commitment to accomplish goals on time and with high quality.
- Prepared to change.
As a company, we will be especially successful if we understand and view constant change as an opportunity. CLAAS employees demonstrate their Preparedness to Change through their willingness and ability to adapt in order to capitalize on opportunities and continuous improvement.
The Temporary / Seasonal Assembly Technician is responsible for quality workmanship while assembling subassemblies or parts of subassemblies to the main machine, combine or header.
Main Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Responsible for assemble subassemblies or parts of subassemblies to the main machine, combine or header, while verifying own workmanship and readily correcting any assembly and/or minor fit up problems and using best judgement to avoid excessive spoilage.
- Assist with the training and instruction of new co-workers within COL and HR guidelines.
- Provide assistance in planning assembly procedures and administer the completion of a machine.
- Conduct final functional tests to verify that the assembled unit operates properly and that a high quality product is delivered to the customer.
- Regularly report shop floor related items to the data system as required.
- Responsible to keep work area clutter free and tools in assigned area clean and orderly at all times.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
- Continuous improvement of techniques, processes, material flow with equipment and plant layout.
- Other tasks as assigned or required by management.
- Minimum of high school degree or equivalent; additional training and college education is desirable.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of assembly experience preferred, not required. Preferably in agricultural machinery assembly, repair, operation or maintenance.
- Ability to read or learn and accurately interpret blueprints, technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to fit, align and adjust assembly work to fulfill very close tolerances and strict inspection requirements preferred.
- Proven ability, as demonstrated through previous experience, to skillfully use all tools, machinery and equipment necessary for assembly work, including torque tools and electronic adjusting, diagnosis and test equipment preferred.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Farm background and previous large equipment driving experience desirable.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to perform simple shop mathematics.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.