- Full Time
- 13.00 Hour
- 14330 Eagle Run Drive, Omaha, NE 68164
An opportunity to work in a caring environment serving others
Full Time Custodian
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church is accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Evening/Weekend Custodian. This position offers the opportunity to work in our new Parish Center as well as other parts of our campus.
Those interested in the position, should contact Tom Peal at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-452-2225. This position will begin immediately and offers competitive pay and benefits including group health insurance program, sick time, bereavement pay, 11 paid holidays, and accrued PTO (Paid Time Off).
• Must complete Safe Environment Training.
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Clean appearance and appropriate clothing
• Ability to lift 50 pounds to shoulder height occasionally
• Ability to push / pull a minimum of 20 pounds frequently
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform cleaning tasks such as vacuuming (using a 20 lb. vacuum daily for 2hours), wet-mopping, sweeping, dusting, cleaning tables, and emptying trash, (lifting waste paper and debris – up to 50 lbs.)
• Clean restrooms, including floors and all fixtures including bottle filling stations (i.e.: urinals, toilets, sinks, mirrors, partitions, and counters). Ensure restrooms are clean and disinfected.
• Set up and take down of events in the Parish Center, Hanneman Hall, and the Gym.
• Work includes weekend evenings to meet events and facility schedules.
• Ensure that all doors and windows are appropriately locked at the end of the day as needed.
• Must be able to go up and down stairs frequently, as well as regular bending and standing as needed in a daily shift.
• Assist in major clean-up in summer such as washing tables, washing down walls, stripping and waxing floors, cleaning carpets etc.
• Some outside work including winter snow removal from steps and sidewalks and apply ice melt when appropriate.
• Maintain a professional relationship with all staff members, parish members, and guests.
• Regularly monitor email for pertinent communication.