- Full Time
- 10 Akerley Blvd, Suite 33-34, Dartmouth, NS B3B 1J4
Naval Vessel Carpenter
Company operating name: Gabadi Services Canada Inc.
Business Address: 33 – 10 Akerley Blvd., Dartmouth, Nova Scotia B3B 1J4
Position Title: Naval Vessel Carpenter
Gabadi Services Canada Inc. is looking for 2 experienced Naval Vessel Carpenters to join its team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Assemble and install naval vessel accommodations such as insulation, ceilings, bulkheads, floors, floating floors, and general furniture items
- Ensuring work carried out meets quality control standards
- Study and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints, determine the materials required, and plan the sequence of tasks to prepare, install, and assemble materials
- Construct patterns and templates as guides for layouts
- Lay out reference points and patterns on heavy metal according to component specifications
- Rig, hoist, and move materials to storage areas or within worksite
- Assemble and fit metal sections and plates to form complete units or subunits using tack welding, bolting, riveting, or other methods
- Install fabricated components in final product
- Layout insulation pins according manufacturer specification and/or applicable technical documentation
- Cut and adapt insulation according to areas to be coated, and bond vapour barriers and fibre sheet, lines the sheet above insulation
- Layout bulkhead fasteners and supports according to room drawings – interpret technical drawings
- Conduct layout of ceilings, assembling beam supports, beams and edges; interpret drawings in order to conduct ceiling mounting layout
- Install ceiling, fit necessary inspection hatches, drill holes for placement of lights, ventilation, air conditioning, fire detection, and fire fighting devices and systems
- Subfloor or floating floor fitting, according to room layout
- Providing support and where applicable performing cutting and / or smoothing activities by mechanical means or oxycut to install various doors
- Anchoring and levelling furniture in relation to room bulkheads, doors, and ceilings in accordance with design drawings to ensure safe installation and
- Performing minor installation adjustments to ensure originally manufactured components comply with manufacturer specifications
- Sealing gaps between different furniture items, bulkheads and ceilings – sketching linings for subsequent manufacture
Terms of Employment: The positions are project based, full time (48 hours per week). Overtime hours are likely, based on project needs.
Language of Work: English
Wage: CAD $28.00 – CAD $55.91 per hour, with eligibility for overtime pay as applicable. Wage subject to annual review.
Benefits: Eligible for standard company benefits which may include medical insurance and relocation benefits package as applicable. Paid time off.
Location of work: 3099 Barrington Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Applicants should have at least 5 years’ experience as a carpenter and / or steelfitter, ideally with experience in SOLAS-compliant military vessels
- Knowledge of Naval Sector is a must – knowledge of naval terminology, the military sector in general, as well as knowledge of compliance with regulations such as SOLAS and ILO
- Must be experienced with interpretation of 2D drawings and application to onboard environments
- Experience with measurement methods such as flexometers, laser measuring devices, etc.
- Experience with, and training in, handling chemical substances for structural bonding, with special attention paid to mixing, drying and curing times, etc.
- Knowledge of measurement, cutting and sheet supporting installation
- Sika manufacturer certificate on floorings, epoxy resins or equivalent;
- Naval Outfitting Course
- Environmental awareness Course
No educational requirements