At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
NEWS 95.7 Halifax has an exciting opening for a Morning Reporter on its award winning news team. If you're passionate about news, love telling stories, are social media savvy and want to be part of a winning team, then we want to hear from you!
- Cover assigned stories in a busy news/talk operation.
- Keep up to date with major developing stories with the goal of providing quick concise details of these stories on-air.
- Be able to tell stories on multi-platforms including live from the scene.
- Develop story ideas.
- Conduct and edit news interviews, write scripts and broadcast the finished product.
- Assist in other areas of our operation as required.
- Minimum of 3 years broadcast experience as a reporter in radio.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter and energetic.
- Have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to take direction well.
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.