- Full Time
- 1606 Plaza Place, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Grand Strand Power Equipment Hiring FT Small Engine Mechanic
Small Engine Service Technician / Outdoor Power Equip Mechanic
Small Engine Service Technician / Outdoor Power Equipment Mechanic
Grand Strand Power Equipment, a well established landscape equipment sales and service center is seeking a small engine mechanic full time. This position is responsible for diagnosis, service and repair of small engine power equipment. Grand Strand Power Equipment is an authorized warranty center for Briggs Stratton, Kohler, Kawasaki, Stihl and Toro Power Equipment. Performs disassembly and assembly of components, uses basic testing procedures, repairs and rebuilds in the most efficient and safe manner. Applicant will work on 2-Stroke and 4-Stroke Engines.
This position is responsible for diagnosis, service and repair of small engine power equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Services small engine power equipment such as lawn mowers, string trimmers, hedge trimmers, blowers or other used in landscape maintenance.
- Rebuilds small engines.
- Performs general repair and maintenance of customer equipment.
- Keeps mechanical skills updated so servicing can be done on various types of equipment. Continuing education opportunities are available through the company.
- Maintains positive working relationships and interactions with co-workers in the shop and all other departments.
- Completes information on work orders to properly document service and repair.
- Leads by example, and provides guidance for other shop employees as needed.
- Keeps work station and equipment clean and clear.
- Ensures compliance with company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor/manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will demonstrate and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to effectively communicate and interact, in a positive manner, with all company personnel, regulatory agencies, customers, consultants and other contractor personnel is also required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of shop or mechanic experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of small engines or automotive repair.
- Previous equipment operating experience (lawn mowers, string trimmers, hedge trimmers, or other used in landscape maintenance).
- Must have own basic set of tools required to perform duties.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Positive attitude, work well with others and organized.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and diagnosis issues.
- Ability to problem-solve and quickly identify solutions.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is helpful.
- Fork lift operating experience a plus.
- Stands for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Continuously squats, stoops, or kneels and lifts objects from ground.
- Able to lift weight of up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally carries and pushes/pulls weights of up to 75 pounds or more.