Your career. We’ll help you turn goals into achievements.
Rental Sales Agent- Full Time
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
National/Alamo Car Rental is looking for experienced sales professionals for our location at Detroit Metro Airport. Rental Sales Agents are full-time (40 hours/week) positions and earn an hourly rate + commission compensation. Average annual compensation ranges from $33,000 to $57,000 annually. Full-time Rental Sales Agents receive full medical, dental, life and retirement benefits.
- Hourly rate of pay plus sales performance-based incentives: Average yearly earning potential is $33,000 – $57,000K
- Location – Detroit Metro Airport – 338 Lucas Dr. Detroit 48242 (Romulus area)
- Full Benefits Provided: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Time-Off
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work varying shifts, including days, evenings, midnights, weekends and holidays
The Rental Sales Agent provides a superior, friendly, and efficient transaction (at time of rental) using the company approved sales and service techniques. This person will also facilitate the rental process through verification and documentation of all necessary driver information to provide for an efficient and timely rental and return experience. Lastly, they perform all responsibilities with a focus on the wants and needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
If you have experience with incentive or commission-based sales, this is a great opportunity for you!
- Use company approved sales and service techniques when determining customer needs
- Offer optional products to meet customer wants and needs.
- Prepare all rental and return documents accurately and completely.
- Qualify each customer using our company rental requirement guidelines.
- Provide customers assistance with directions, maps, local area information, appropriate service information, etc.
- Review rental parameters with all customers to ensure a complete understanding of our rates and service charges.
- Ensure that the return date and time on the rental agreement is accurate.
- Review all charges at the time of vehicle return.
- Assist customers by effectively resolving all customer service issues.
- Assist and coordinate customers within the queue to minimize any wait time and promote the most efficient service method as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 21 years old
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Must be willing to stand for extended periods
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of commission or incentive-based sales experience
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work varying shifts, including days, nights, midnights, weekends and holidays