- Part Time
- Summer 6/10 thru 8/16/19
- 11.00 Hour
- P.O. Box 652, Castroville, CA 95012
Get paid to have fun this summer! Be a Recreation Leader!
Summer Recreation Leader
Looking for a Summer Job? Enjoy children? Are creative and imaginative? Want to make an Impact?
If you are all of the above this is the position for you. Our Summer Recreation Leaders are responsible for the operation of our Summer Activities, Sports Programs and Summer Camps. Rec Leaders provide supervision and activities/sports to youths between the ages of 6 - 14 Monday through Friday at our drop-in Recreation Center and Summer Camps in Castroville. Participants in these programs enjoy a variety of activities ranging from jungle volleyball, basketball, Jr Giants, water wars, sidewalk chalk art contests, arts and crafts projects, stage performances and occasional field trips to local attractions. The person in this position will need to plan, organize, and direct activities and perform administrative duties associated with this program. They will be responsible for creating a memorable summer experience for youth participants.
Must be innovative, creative, patient, and flexible.
Ideal candidate is:
- A good mentor
- Able to think outside the box
- Able to lead sports activities
- Able to lead craft activities
- Able to dance and sing (can be off key) in front of a group
- Able to engage youth, discipline if need be and most important provide a fun filled memorable summer for participants.
- Be willing to get fingerprinted for a background check as required by California State Law PRC 5164.
You can find a copy of the job description at www.ncrpd.org Deadline to apply is May 15, 2019