- Full Time
- 16.00 Hour
- 1200 Fechteler, Monterey, CA 93940
The Resident Specialist, pre-leases/leases homes. The Resident Specialist will assist in ensuring that the needs of
the inbound family are met with professionalism and courtesy. He/she will also act as the immediate customer
service representative, while introducing the family to the community and creating a positive resident and
property management relationship.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
1. The Resident Specialist (RS) is primarily responsible for contacting applicants and maintaining
the waitlist(s). He/she will coordinate with the Partner to ensure that all persons added to the
waitlist are held within their respective entitlements. The RS will contact the families by phone or
email to ensure that they are aware of their position on the waitlist and will answer any questions
concerning housing availability. To enhance the move in experience, the RS should be available to
answer any questions that the resident may have concerning the property and should be
competent in showcasing the amenities of the potential unit and property to encourage living within
2. The Resident Specialist is responsible for marketing homes to the incoming families. The RS
should become familiar with the various floorplans and be educated on the amenities and
specialties of the respective property.
3. The Resident Specialist must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. The Resident Specialist is required to process and complete all move-in packages prior to the
move-in date. Under the supervision of the Assistant Community Manager, ensure all paperwork is
accurate and complete. In the event that the inbound family is unable to pre-lease, will maintain
communication with the potential resident and ensure that they are educated on the leasing
process upon move in.
5. During the Move in and/or Move out process, the Resident Specialist will be responsible
for conducting inspections of the property and report findings to the Assistant Community
Manager in an effort to assist with the move out process.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Sales experience and leasing experience a plus.
2. 1-2 years Customer Service experience.
3. General computer skills
1. Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
3. All specific certifications required by law.
4. Must pass drug test screening.
5. Must successfully complete all required courses, classes, and training provided by MMS
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Action and results-oriented, enthusiastic.
2. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
3. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
4. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
5. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment.
6. Perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
7. Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally in order to communicate
issues, problems, ideas, concerns and information.
8. Prioritize and manage daily workload to ensure successful and timely completion.
9. Ability to follow directives and work with minimum supervision.
10. Exercise problem-solving skills.
11. Interact with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, residents, guests, and the public in a
professional and pleasant manner.
12. Maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
Contact Information: Teresa Watkins at email@example.com or 831.644.0400
Procedure to Apply:
If you are interested in the above job opening and feel your qualifications are adequate for the position
advertised, please contact the person listed in the Contact Information section prior to the Closing Date
of the job posting.
Be advised you must make your immediate supervisor aware that you are interested and will be applying.
All in-house candidates will receive preference in the interview/hiring process prior to advertising the
position outside of the applicable installation.