100 Years Old and Counting!
About the company:
Hayward Lumber associates provide builders, architects and homeowners with services and solutions for their building projects including doors, windows and building materials needs. Hayward has been in business since 1919 and has grown to 7 locations along the California coast from Redwood City to Santa Barbara. Hayward Lumber is family owned and operated for 100 years.
Hayward will be the most dependable supplier of products, services and solutions to the construction market, as it has been since 1919.
Our Corporate office is located in Monterey , Ca and is looking for a highly motivated & qualified Payroll Admin to process the full payroll on behalf of the company.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, deduction elected, update direct-deposit and job title and department/division transfers
- Audit/ process employee events such as new hires, salary changes, terminations, etc.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Process deductions including payroll garnishment requests
- Calculate & distribute monthly deductions & garnishments to proper vendors or State or Federal agencies
- Review all employee time cards on a regular basis
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Manage and resolve all questions regarding payroll and investigate and resolve any errors in a timely manner
- Must be well organized with good attention to detail
- Assists HR Manager with monthly and annual reporting requirements as well as various other projects
- Provide administrative and data entry support to HR and Accounting Departments.
- Payroll experience (1 year required)
- Strong data entry skills (10-key by touch)
- Strong skills Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong analyzing information and reporting skills
- Knowledge of wage withholding orders and garnishments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment
Hayward offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid time off including vacation, holiday, and sick leave.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more at www.haywardlumber.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hayward Lumber will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.