- Full Time
- 150 Aviation Way, WATSONVILLE, CA 95076
Grower Staff Accountant
Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving vendor invoices, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsible for the accuracy of GL coding of all vendor invoices and Payroll entries to proper cost center and account numbers.
- Posting daily receipts, and material inventory entries, accruals and prepayment.
- Maintaining and completing financial reports and related Dashboards
- Maintaining day to day transactions to Excel, Smartsheet, streamline on a regular basis and providing information to the management team
- Prepares and Process weekly check run
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Preparation and coordination of internal / external audits
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files
- Aid in preparing settlement and liquidation reports to our growers and management
- Miscellaneous accounting and administrative duties as assigned.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Assisting the accounting manager and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including inputting & maintaining budgets, records, and statements
- Posting daily receipts, and material inventory entries, accruals and prepayments
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish
- Associate degree in Accounting or Business Administration or Equivalent 3-8 years accounts payable or general accounting experience in Agriculture.
- Must have attention to detail and great organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team to achieve established goals.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient data entry skills
- Knowledgeable of Business Math
- Strong Bookkeeping Skills
Skills & Technical Knowledge
- Knowledge of Famous operating system a plus
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Payroll Experience a plus
- Balance Sheet Account Preparation
Be thorough and accurate. You will be tasked with ensuring data integrity, identifying and addressing process improvements in our operations and developing solutions. You must have strong organizational skills allowing you to manage multiple priorities while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Be proactive. You are eager to contribute and learn, ask lots of questions, and provide solutions before we even know there are issues. You are dedicated about making ongoing process improvements.
- Be a natural problem-solver. You identify challenges, analyze the root causes, seek to understand rationale behind current processes and provide solutions.
- Work independently and follow tasks through to completion and meet commitments, proactively seeking guidance as necessary.
- Have a positive attitude and the desire to provide impeccable support to senior management team.
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level and working conditions are similar to those for an administrative office. The employee is occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold or heat.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.