Heavy Equipment Service Technician
Harnish Group Inc. is the Caterpillar Dealer in central and western Washington, central and eastern Montana, northwestern Wyoming, northwestern North Dakota and the state of Alaska. Our Member Companies are N C Machinery Co., NC The Cat Rental Store, N C Power Systems Co., Tractor & Equipment Co., T&E The Cat Rental Store, and SITECH Northwest Inc., representing Caterpillar, and other manufacturers. We are a family owned and managed company with 1,000+ employees. Our Mission is to help our customers succeed by providing premier business solutions delivered by engaged employees through teamwork and excellence.
About this Position:
Become a member of our winning team! We have opportunities as Heavy Equipment Technician in our Great Falls, MT Branch.
- Do you like to solve technical problems? Are you effective at troubleshooting?
- This is a key role in our company in which our technicians are responsible for diagnosing and repairing of Caterpillar equipment including removing, repairing, assembling and installing.
- We have an opportunity for you diagnose and troubleshoot engines, powertrains, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- You will need to have experience with CAT diagnostic equipment, CAT repair tooling, rigging and blocking equipment.
- This position requires planning and organizing skills with a particular emphasis on controlling job costs.
- You will need to investigate, analyze and identify problem in order to make recommendations for eliminating the problem.
Qualifications & Experience Needed:
A graduate of a 2-4 year vocational technical school training institution or equivalent experience is required. A valid driver's license will be required. Ability to operate a forklift and other equipment such as hydraulic and mechanical presses, hoists, cranes, pressure washers in a safe manner. Good mechanical aptitude. You will need to be proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook). This role requires the ability to stand up to eight hours per day and includes twisting, bending, squatting, sitting stooping and kneeling. Efficiency in completing paperwork. Experience working at a Caterpillar (CAT) dealership or with CAT products is ideal.
Starting wage $25.60. Hourly wage offered based on skills and experience. We offer excellent benefits (medical & dental), 401(k), profit sharing, company match, Verizon and AT&T cell phone discount, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, company paid life insurance, tool purchase program, ongoing training and support from team members. Apply online at www.tractorandequipment.com
Harnish Group Inc. and its Member Companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.