Purchasing Associate for Manufacturer
Gordon, Inc., located in Bossier City, LA, is recognized as a leader in the engineering and manufacturing of custom architectural specialty products. For over 50 years, our products have been used to help create commercial, industrial and institutional buildings worldwide. Gordon specializes in sustainable architectural metal products for interior and exterior applications. Product applications include specialty metal ceilings and wall systems, drywall and plaster trims, column enclosures, and many other architectural specialty products. Systems are designed for commercial, acoustical, educational, cleanroom, data center, healthcare, correctional, industrial, and institutional environments. Gordon, Inc. is an award-winning manufacturer and is widely known throughout the industry as the leader in custom architectural specialties. For more information, please visit our website at www.gordon-inc.com.
- Reviews Purchasing reports and generates purchase orders
- Processes Requests for Quotations (RFQs)
- Analyzes quotations
- Negotiates with suppliers / vendors to obtain best pricing and lead times
- Follows-up with Vendors, as needed, to ensure materials are shipped and delivered as promised.
- Maintains purchasing document files
- Maintains powder and wet paint sample inventory and confirms color stability from batch to batch
- Creates inventory part numbers when required.
- Works directly with the Purchasing Manager and Other Purchasing Associates.
- Works with Accounts Payable to resolve any invoice discrepancies.
- Performs general clerical duties to support purchasing functions (placing orders, distribution P.O. and receiving forms, etc.
- Other functions as assigned by Purchasing Manager
- 3-5 years of experience in the Purchasing Field. Manufacturing experience is preferred. A college is a plus.
- Organized, detail-oriented self-starter, able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word, and Excel software.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills and math aptitude
- Clear communication skills
- Problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
Company Benefits: Gordon, Inc. is an employee owned company. As an employee of Gordon, Inc., you will be allowed to share in the value and growth of the company and accumulate ownership in the stock of the company, at no cost to you. Gordon, Inc. also offers Health, Dental, Voluntary Term Life insurance and Disability benefits as well as a comprehensive 401k Retirement Plan and paid time off. We are an equal opportunity employer.