Gordon, Inc., located in Bossier City, LA, is recognized as a leader in the engineering and manufacturing of custom architectural specialty products. For nearly 50 years, our products have been used to help create commercial, industrial and institutional buildings worldwide. Gordon specializes in sustainable architectural metal products for interior and exterior applications. Product applications include specialty metal ceilings and wall systems, drywall and plaster trims, column enclosures, and many other architectural specialty products. Systems are designed for commercial, acoustical, educational, cleanroom, data center, healthcare, correctional, industrial, and institutional environments. Gordon, Inc. is an award-winning manufacturer and is widely known throughout the industry as the leader in custom architectural specialties. For more information, please visit our website at www.gordon-inc.com.
Specific Areas of Responsibility include (but are not limited to):
- Review Architectural Drawings, Specifications, and Contract Documents to determine project scope.
- Estimate labor and materials requirements from take-offs
- Work directly with company team members to establish estimates for manning requirements that will be incorporated into project cost estimates which are used to develop pricing for quotations.
- Identify issues which suggest the need for additional resources other than those initially planned for a specific project relative to manning, materials, methods, or production machines scheduling and shop floor allocation of capacity.
- Create comprehensive project cost estimates which are used in the generation of bid pricing.
- Responsible for project planning and anticipating in-process timelines which are designed to meet the project schedule
- Create Gantt charts, Excel spreadsheets or other appropriate tools to monitor and manage project timelines and all elements of project cost.
- Communicate effectively with project participants (Contractors, Architects, and Engineers), as well as with company internal Sales, Engineering, Planning, and Operational leadership.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or On Center Software’s On-Screen Takeoff is a plus.
- Familiarity with Reed Connect is also a plus.
Gordon, Inc. is an employee owned company. As an employee of Gordon, Inc., you will be allowed to share in the value and growth of the company and accumulate ownership in the stock of the company, at no cost to you. Gordon, Inc. also offers Health, Dental, Voluntary Term Life insurance and Disability benefits as well as a comprehensive 401k Retirement Plan and paid time off. We are an equal opportunity employer.