CNC with Experience - Career Move/GREAT Job
CNC SHEET METAL FABRICATOR / PRESS BRAKE
Gordon, Inc., located in Bossier City, LA, is recognized as a leader in the engineering and manufacturing of custom architectural specialty products. For over 50 years, our products have been used to help create commercial, industrial and institutional buildings worldwide. Gordon specializes in sustainable architectural metal products for interior and exterior applications. Product applications include specialty metal ceilings and wall systems, drywall and plaster trims, column enclosures, and many other architectural specialty products. Systems are designed for commercial, acoustical, educational, cleanroom, data center, healthcare, correctional, industrial, and institutional environments. Gordon, Inc. is an award-winning manufacturer and is widely known throughout the industry as the leader in custom architectural specialties. For more information, please visit our website at www.gordon-inc.com.
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an entry level position. Applicant must be skilled and have extensive experience for this position.
- Read and interpret shop orders, including drawings, routings, and set-up sheets
- Verify correct raw material or work in progress material
- Able to bend stainless steel, mild steel and aluminum
- Set-up and operate press brakes for maximum productivity
- Able to determine proper tooling to make progressive bends
- Able to determine tonnage, k-factors for all bends
- Bend or joggle to the specified dimension
- Responsible for maintaining quality workmanship and tolerance specifications
- Responsible for filling out paperwork associated with work performed
- Other responsibilities and duties of this position include:
- Perform job duties in a safe and effective manner
- Perform other duties as required
- Maintain press brake in working order, with assistance of maintenance, if needed
- Cleanliness of machine and work area
- Must be able to read blueprints
- LEAN manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to read protractor
- Able to use measuring devices, measure to 1/64” fractions and .001” micrometer
- Strong Math Skills
- Must be willing to work overtime and Saturdays
Gordon, Inc. is an employee owned company. As an employee of Gordon, Inc., you will be allowed to share in the value and growth of the company and accumulate ownership in the stock of the company, at no cost to you. Gordon, Inc. also offers Health, Dental, Voluntary Term Life insurance and Disability benefits as well as a comprehensive 401k Retirement Plan and paid time off. We are an equal opportunity employer.
GORDON, INC. IS A DRUG FREE ENVIRONMENT. ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE DRUG SCREENED.